• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Well that'd make sense since I didn't see that game lol.

I looked at it online, and while I don't really mind it, regular white on red is better.

Of course all blacks at home are the best. I want an all black Svechnikov jersey SO BAD!

I feel like so many online stores say "Authentic" but are really replicas. I thought Fanatics would sell Authentic, but I don't think they do. Or they only sell Youth ones, or only custom name/number. Which why don't I just get one of those and put Svech/#37 on there? I thought maybe my best bet was to get one at a game directly.

Which brings me to an interesting question....if you buy a sports jersey, do you buy a particular player's name/number, or do you customize it with your name/favorite number?

Last edited:
I agree with the consensus that any personalized jerseys for anybody age 25+ are a no-no.

Also congrats siff!

Losing to that Philadelphia team in embarrassing fashion in game 7 was clearly worthy of a contract extension. Terry Pegula is definitely going to turn the Sabres into a powerhouse.

:plos:

Editor's note - in the 11 years since this post, the Buffalo Sabres have played in zero playoff games

Yeah we wore 'em on Tuesday as well. First times in franchise history, a little weird to change it up in the middle of a season -- if we hadn't come back tonight I'd say ditch 'em foever

As someone on Twitter said, if you want to dress like the NJ Devils, don’t be surprised if you play like them. Quality final 25 minutes after a puzzlingly poor first 35.

Well that'd make sense since I didn't see that game lol.

I looked at it online, and while I don't really mind it, regular white on red is better.

Of course all blacks at home are the best. I want an all black Svechnikov jersey SO BAD!

I feel like so many online stores say "Authentic" but are really replicas. I thought Fanatics would sell Authentic, but I don't think they do. Or they only sell Youth ones, or only custom name/number. Which why don't I just get one of those and put Svech/#37 on there? I thought maybe my best bet was to get one at a game directly.

Which brings me to an interesting question....if you buy a sports jersey, do you buy a particular player's name/number, or do you customize it with your name/favorite number?

You buy a current player jersey, expect him to get traded in the near future.

I've had a good experience with Full Moon Jerseys - their inventory is mercurial, but the quality and prices are great. Although, it looks like their Carolina section is non-existent at the moment.

Speaking of sweaters, there's bound to be some new, enticing threads next year:

Highest single-season goal scorer in Toronto Maple Leafs history. Highest single-season goal scoring AMERICAN in NHL history. Stud.

Buffalo's future just got brighter.

So....I had a whole huge post typed out last night immediately after that devastating loss....another loss.

And just wanted to see how our recent run has compared to other playoff bound teams. So, I did a thing.

I calculated all playoffs teams records/points percentage since March 1st, Over the last 14 games, and over the last 10 games.

Then I ranked each team according to each of those qualifiers, and averaged that out for an "average rank" of all record segments.

This should tell you how different teams are playing right now as we approach the end of the season (If my data is off, or if you see a problem with my work, just let me know...I was doing this late last night and was a little drowsy...but enjoy:

EDIT: For whatever reason, the image doesn't show up in the post, but when I go to EDIT POST, it is still linked there....either way, I'll upload to a different site and see if the same thing happens.

NHL_HOME_STRETCH.jpg

NHL-HOME-STRETCH.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a goddamn image hosting site that not only gives you a direct link to the image, but doesn't delete it after a certain time?

I'm not sure if anyone else ever needs to upload images from their PC for hosting and posting on here, but this site seems to have worked for me...not 100% sure until we see if it keeps the image linked.

https://postimages.org/

Last edited:
I'm just gonna leave the double pic there...it disappeared, reappeared, then disappeared and reappeared again.

Whatever.

But woo-hoo on the 5-2 win for the Canes over the Ducks!

BIG TIME Hat-Trick for the Captain, Jordan Staal!

Loved it...so much fun to watch!

HUUUUUUUGE win over Rangers in Madison Square Garden 4-2.

Goals from Svechnikov, Jarvis, STAAL, and an empty netter from Aho.

Mr. RED HOT Staal with his 9th point in his last 8 games (6G/3A/9P), playing like a TRUE CAPTAIN!

Put a gap between us and NYR for 1st in the Metro and took the season series to 2-1, with 1 more game against them 2 weeks from tonight again at MSG.

8 games left, 3 at home, 5 on the road

TEAMWINSLOSSESOTLPOINTSPLAYOFFS*
vs Detroit28341066e
@ Colorado52146110x
@ Arizona2245549e
vs Winnipeg35281181?
@ New Jersey2541656e
@ New York Islanders3329975?
@ New York Rangers47216100x
vs New Jersey2541656e
*Playoffs: x-clinched, ?-unknown, e-eliminated

If it's gonna be Boston or Tampa, we owe them two and one respectively. Hopefully overcoming one of those to start would be just what we need to go on a deep, deep run

I'm looking forward to knocking back an extra Storm Brew at the game tonight since our office is closed tomorrow.

It looks like KK is back in the lineup tonight. If these lineups are accurate, count me in: https://leftwinglock.com/line-combi...m=carolina-hurricanes&strength=EV&gametype=GD

That might be the best 4th line I can remember the Canes ever putting together and would be totally dangerous come playoff time. With Lorentz and Stepan available, we also have solid depth. The only change that I would make is moving Turbo back to the top line for Jarvis. Domi has proven to be a great passer and Jarvis is a natural talent, that second line would get plenty of chances. Obviously no need to touch line 3.

Of course Nedeljkovic has a great game against us to further our disappointing run in to the playoffs.

Down 0-2 with 16 minutes left in the 3rd.

We better pick it up or we'll be 7-7-3 in the last 17 games (50.0%)

As a reference point, we were 7-7-2 in our last 16 going into the '06 playoffs.

Of course one could argue our slow start to the Montreal series was a carryover from the regular season

We just need to avoid these ESPN+ games, nothing good seems to happen

Back