• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Motherfucking Detroit.

And Motherfucking John Buccigross. He has called 3 games for us this year: 0-6 loss to Columbus, 0-4 loss to Washington, and 0-3 loss to Detroit

Goddamn I am not feeling good about even making it out of the 1st round this year.

We cannot seem to do anything right some nights. We're outscoring teams 31-24 over the last 10, but we were just blowing out teams earlier in the year.

We need to improve. We can't lose against non-playoff teams

2 points up on NYR with 7 to play. I say we definitely lose @COL and @NYR, win @ARI, home vs Winnipeg and both NJ games, and then a tossup @NYI.

So 4-2-1 or 3-3-1 is my guess.

NYR:
vs DET (W)
vs WPG (W)
@ NYI (W)
@ BOS (L)
vs CAR (W)
vs MON (W)
vs WAS (?)

So 5-?-?, I think, for them. Sucks we have 2 home/5 away left and they have the opposite, 5 home/2 away.

I see us losing the division lead by 1 or 2 points when it's all said and done. Unless we return to playing the way we did when we were winning 4-5 games in a row.

Last edited:
As a reference point, we were 7-7-2 in our last 16 going into the '06 playoffs.

Of course one could argue our slow start to the Montreal series was a carryover from the regular season

Ah, good note, I did not know that.

The Eastern Conference now has six qualified playoff teams to the West's one.

Canes can't lose to bad teams like Detroit at this time of year. Anyone else think Ned was just a little upset at getting traded last year?

I'm not sold on Anderson.

Raanta was in net last night. The trend for many of these losses has been long stretches dominated by the Canes that have for whatever reason led to no goals. It’s why Rod stressed that he wasn’t worried when we lost 3-4 in a row. We absolutely dominated the first 30 mins of that game, and just didn’t find the net. Some of that was Ned playing well, but I think it was also bad luck.

Ned is a bad goalie. Freddie is going to be a Vezina Trophy finalist this year. Canes management with a genius level move to get rid of two bad goalies for Freddie and Rants.

This is a tough time of year when guys are playing to not get hurt. It is hard to get going for bad teams. This same Canes team dominated NYR two nights ago. Nothing to worry about, except maybe the power play.

^ good points all around, including the power play which has been terrible.

Why won't you guys just be irrationally irate along with me?

Would make this so much easier...

But NOOOO, you gotta make good points and shit. :dumb:

Meh...

I'm over this game already and there's 9min left in the 1st period....down 0-2.

We're gonna lose and I don't really wanna watch another loss. :(

Canes can't lose to bad teams like Detroit at this time of year. Anyone else think Ned was just a little upset at getting traded last year?

I'm not sold on Anderson.

Ned wanted to move to Detroit because his family is there and his wife is at MSU studying Nursing.

Oof asskicking. Canes not trending well. Rangers W. There goes the 4 point lead

In Tampa for spring break. Took my daughter to her first NHL game at Amalie arena. That place is pretty sweet. Game was 7-4 with like 5 fights. I think she’s a Bolts fan now, haha.

Dallas lost in regulation, while Vegas won in OT. Stars drop to 78.7% to make playoffs and Knights increase to 28% per MoneyPuck. Vancouver is still holding on to their 6.2% longshot.

Ovechkin recorded his 49th and 50th goals of the season, tying him for the most 50+ goal seasons (nine) with Gretzky and Bossy. He's 21 goals back of Gordie Howe and 114 behind the Great One on the all-time goal scoring list.

Freddie is ass. He’s doing exactly what he did in Toronto. Raanta cannot be trusted in the playoffs, he gives up way too many soft goals. Haven’t looked at the projected lines for tonight but I’m really hoping Pyortr gets the nod. He can be our Cam Ward.

Pretty sure the Canes won't start an AHL guy with zero NHL starts over a healthy Raanta, who has been competent in the backup role. Unless they think Andersen will miss the playoffs, in which case they likely will want the new guy to seek action before the playoffs.

Pretty sure the Canes won't start an AHL guy with zero NHL starts over a healthy Raanta, who has been competent in the backup role. Unless they think Andersen will miss the playoffs, in which case they likely will want the new guy to seek action before the playoffs.

Maybe not tonight, but I bet he sees some action at some point this weekend when they play Saturday/Sunday/Tuesday. They won't have Raanta play 4 games in 6 nights.

Awesome....gonna lose to ANOTHER non-playoff team.

Fuck this. I bet we get swept in the 1st round.

I don't get it....how do we ALWAYS outshoot the other team by nearly 2x and end up losing by 2 or 3 goals? WTF is going on?

Back