• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Guess it's hard to drop anybody, Necas made me nervous with the turnovers the other night but he also was getting some Trochek-Turbo line time and I don't think we dare drop him given offensive upside. Also I feel like if we drop him it's basically conceding he's done with the team.

And obvs we've invested in KK and Domi recently, long as those dudes can all be reliable might as well keep running them out there

Yeah, not sure who you sit. Hopefully no one steps up (down?) tonight.

The obvious answer is you sub Martinook for Stepan. A on his jersey or not, Stepan is an offensive upgrade and I say that as a huge Marty fan. But we just scored 5 goals, so like I said I understand not taking him out.

Necas has had a tough year, but he's a great skater with a ton of ability. It might work out to our favor given that it's a contract year. But I also disagree that resting him for a game in place of another competent forward means he would be done in Carolina.

The fuck?!

THROW THAT MOTHERFUCKER OUT!!! GAME MISCONDUCT!!! Whatever the severest punishment is!

That was an intentional hit to Raanta's head.

Now we're down a GK.

Pastrnak. Really could boo him and Haula every time they touch the puck, that's a helluva lot of booing doe

Just checked out who everyone picked in the challenge, was pretty interesting, yet pretty consistent, near consensus with Western Conference Finals.

Looks like we had someone join, but not fill out a bracket. Bummer.

Everyone picked Colorado to make the WCF, with 6/7 picking Calgary as their opponent.

Everyone picked Carolina to make the ECF, with Florida (4), Toronto (2), Tampa Bay (1) for the Canes' opponent.

3 picks each for Colorado and Carolina as Stanley Cup Champs, 1 pick for Calgary.

COL/CGY vs FLA/CAR -> COL vs FLA -> COL
COL/CGY vs FLA/CAR -> CGY vs FLA -> CGY
COL/CGY vs FLA/CAR -> COL vs CAR -> CAR
COL/CGY vs TBL/CAR -> COL vs TBL -> COL
COL/CGY vs TOR/CAR -> COL vs CAR -> CAR
COL/EDM vs FLA/CAR -> EDM vs CAR -> CAR
COL/CGY vs TOR/CAR -> COL vs CAR -> COL

Last edited:
Raanta officially removed from the game. I missed the first part, did they say what kind of injury it was?

(I'm watching on Bally, you guys might be watching on ESPN)

It didn’t seem like the contact was THAT bad. Raanta just cannot stay healthy.

It didn’t seem like the contact was THAT bad. Raanta just cannot stay healthy.

IDK, He shoved both hands into Raanta's head. He blatantly did not make a move to get out of the way. A 2 minute minor is laughable.

Def surprised Ullmark is still in net for Boston, not making any big saves

Just checked out who everyone picked in the challenge, was pretty interesting, yet pretty consistent, near consensus with Western Conference Finals.

Looks like we had someone join, but not fill out a bracket. Bummer.

Everyone picked Colorado to make the WCF, with 6/7 picking Calgary as their opponent.

Everyone picked Carolina to make the ECF, with Florida (4), Toronto (2), Tampa Bay (1) for the Canes' opponent.

3 picks each for Colorado and Carolina as Stanley Cup Champs, 1 pick for Calgary.

COL/CGY vs FLA/CAR -> COL vs FLA -> COL
COL/CGY vs FLA/CAR -> CGY vs FLA -> CGY
COL/CGY vs FLA/CAR -> COL vs CAR -> CAR
COL/CGY vs TBL/CAR -> COL vs TBL -> COL
COL/CGY vs TOR/CAR -> COL vs CAR -> CAR
COL/EDM vs FLA/CAR -> EDM vs CAR -> CAR
COL/CGY vs TOR/CAR -> COL vs CAR -> COL

That was me, apparently the bracket I filled out only went into the "NHL League" and not any others that I joined.

I have Canes in 5, Pitt in 6, Fla in 5, TBL in 5. West: Col in 5, Stl in 6, Cal in 6 and LA in 7.
2nd rd: Canes and Tampa Stl and Calgary
CF- Canes and Stl
SCF Canes
29 total goals

Back