• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Along with Blues-Wild, I would be least surprised to see Bolts-Leafs go the distance:

Marchand and Forbort both fined the max. 5000 for the slash and high stick nhl announces.

This is insane. Nashville had 26 total shots as a team.

No update yet on Raanta? Head injury apparently not a leg injury.

He was holding his lip/mouth as he went off. I was almost surprised to not see him at least return to the bench.

Well if it comes to it, we can beat these trash cheap shot bruins with an ebug. We’ve done it to better teams

Sonofabitch….

Doesn’t look like we’ll pull this one out. Bummer.

But a sweep was a little ambitious.

They’ve looked pretty outhustled in all phases. That pk “effort” on the 4th goal was peel paint off the locker room worthy.

Whoever starts best in this series is gonna lose apparently.

Not easy against Boston but I wish this group would impose their game on the road more than they have in the playoffs. Just one road regulation win dating back to 2019

St Louis ranked near the bottom of the NHL in hits. They've been extremely aggressive in this series so far. And the last two games MN has made them pay for it. Kaprisov/Zucarello are an incredible duo and that Wild 3rd line has been dominant regardless of who the Blues have tried to put out there against them (surprises me given the Blues have like 10 guys with 20 goals).

Last edited:
What the fug was going on with the ice last night. I expected Boston to pull one out at home. They weren’t going to be swept. We kicked their teeth in the last few minutes of the game and their top line has to be exhausted.

From 2018 poll of NHL players re: best and worst "ice" in the NHL. Not surprising as the weather outside generally does have some impact on the ice inside and you also don't have buildings not really custom made for hockey in many cities. Presume part of Boston's problem is the weather is now warming up and that variance from the norm may cause problems in the building.

Which rink has the best ice?
Bell Centre (Montreal) - 28.0%
Rogers Place (Edmonton) - 21.7%
Bell MTS Place (Winnipeg) - 6.6%
Xcel Energy Center (Saint Paul) - 6.0%
Scotiabank Saddledome (Calgary) - 6.0%

Which rink has the worst ice?
BB&T Center (Sunrise) - 16.8%
Gila River Arena (Glendale) - 10.7%
Barclays Center (Brooklyn) - 10.7%
Honda Center (Anaheim) - 8.6%
PNC Arena (Raleigh) - 5.9%

Here’s the 2022 poll: https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2021-22

Which NHL arena has the best ice?

39.6%
BELL CENTRE
Montreal, Quebec

13.7%
ROGERS PLACE
Edmonton, Alberta

12.2%
CANADA LIFE CENTRE
Winnipeg, Manitoba

5.8%
T-MOBILE ARENA
Las Vegas, Nevada

5.8%
XCEL ENERGY CENTER
Saint Paul, Minnesota

2.8%
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York City, New York

Bell Centre continued its reputation for having the best ice surface in the NHL, with a margin of nearly 26% separating it from Rogers Place in the second spot. This marks the fourth time Bell Centre has earned the nod.

Other 19.83%
Total Votes: 459

Vegas bucking the warm weather trend for bad ice. I have no clue about ice quality but I know players talk about it a lot given our son played for so many years. He's just a former HS hockey player, but he has skated on several NHL or NHL training rinks over the years. That whole warm vs. cold weather site seemed to hold in his opinions. Thinks XCel is the best of the NHL sites he's skated but that it isn't as good as a couple of HS rinks in the state and some of the D1 college rinks. Worst he's skated is where the Panthers train (not worst among NHL sites, just the worst he's ever skated). That's pretty bad considering he has skated on several hundred indoor sheets over the years.

Why not just hire some actual hockey commentators? Forslund used to do national NBC games and his season is over.

The Canes are straight dominating the second so far.

Agreed, this is not a great announcing team. For ESPN, I prefer the Boucher/Ferraro pairing.

Back