• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Canes keep committing penalties. Finally got burned.

ETA - Damn, they should not have challenged that. Right back to the penalty kill...

Last edited:
Hope Rod gets fined. Challenge seemed dumb at the time but Debrusk 100% pushed Raanta’s pad back into the goal with his stick prior to the play on the puck. Totally changed the outcome of the game.

Hope Rod gets fined. Challenge seemed dumb at the time but Debrusk 100% pushed Raanta’s pad back into the goal with his stick prior to the play on the puck. Totally changed the outcome of the game.

One where I could see the call going either way easily bc it hinges on incidental vs. intentional contact. I think the fact Pesce made contact with Raata's pad and was seemingly pushing it backward impacted why the contact by Debrusk was ruled incidental.

From what I've seen of the Carolina / Boston series the Canes are the better team by a pretty fair margin at even strength. Enjoy watching teams I don't see much during the season.

Spot on and not dissimilar from past meetings with Boston frankly. We were holding them to very little in the second period until the penalty parade began.

Really need the top offensive guys to show up in all situations, Staal-Nino-Fast line shouldn't have to carry us

Spot on and not dissimilar from past meetings with Boston frankly. We were holding them to very little in the second period until the penalty parade began.

Really need the top offensive guys to show up in all situations, Staal-Nino-Fast line shouldn't have to carry us

Watched Nino for years here. Always felt he had a ton of potential that was slow to materialize here. Glad to see him having success now.

This. Team lost its composure in Boston. It needs to regroup quickly.

The Bruins entire team other than Charlie McAvoy and Hampus Lindholm played so poorly in Games 1 and 2. Hard to believe they won today without both. I don't see them doing it twice in a row. I see CAR sending this back to Boston 3-2 but we'll see. I'll be there Thursday night, I've had B's season tix since the lockout.

Getting the matchups in our favor will be big. Two perfection line goals straight from faceoffs, shouldn't happen up against Staal's line you'd think.

Though that being said wouldn't be surprised if Cassidy splits them up again

That sound you're hearing is dozens of GMs frantically calling Trotz to setup an interview.

Getting the matchups in our favor will be big. Two perfection line goals straight from faceoffs, shouldn't happen up against Staal's line you'd think.

Though that being said wouldn't be surprised if Cassidy splits them up again

Pretty much this. Last change is a big advantage this series.

Maybe people will finally realize we aren't in the 1990s anymore and relying on your goaltender to carry you doesn't work

Back