• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

wonder if the break will be shorter if the NHL doesn't allow players to go to China

Probably not....many arenas, while being "encouraged" to hold those dates open, have already booked concerts/other events during that time frame. Plus, they may need to use that time to make up all these games currently being postponed.

Anyone else see that the Canes beat the Red Wings while icing just 16 skaters because of Covid? Pretty impressive.

Anyone else see that the Canes beat the Red Wings while icing just 16 skaters because of Covid? Pretty impressive.

Lots of weird stuff going on league-wide. Washington had one starting Center last night in Winnipeg (1C, 2C, 4C all out, plus others), including Backstrom going to the COVID protocol after exactly one game logged returning from massive injury rehab.

Cats-Wild, Bruins-Habs, Bolts-Avs, and BJs-Flames all postponed today.

Canes with another short handed W and Drury second goal in his second NHL game. Aho, Svech , Staal among those out. Necks left with an injury.

Canes with another short handed W and Drury second goal in his second NHL game. Aho, Svech , Staal among those out. Necks left with an injury.

Canes get a much needed break as their games have been cancelled until Thursday.

Long break in this thread.....Let's keep it going!

I have been a somewhat casual fan of hockey, stemming from the Hurricanes Stanley Cup run in 2006, but got really into the Hurricanes again in 2019. I watched various games over the next two years during the pandemic, but this year have watched all but 2 games. That got me into Fantasy Hockey which got me into the league as a whole and I've been watching 2 or 3 games any night they're played. I've won a good bit and enjoyed every minute of it.

Canes have looked GREAT this year. Currently 1st in Metro Division at 31-9-2, 4th in the league (2nd in Points Percentage). They're 10-2-1 since the last post in this thread with 6 games being postponed. They've outscored opponents 52-36 over that span, scoring an average of 4 goals a game, 4.5-2 in the wins.

Consistently battling pressure and coming through with clutch goals in tough times against great teams....That rally @Columbus coming back from 0-4 to win 7-4 was a thing of beauty!

Letting go of our goalies and bringing in two new netminders was a gutsy call, but has turned out great. Speaking of Andersen 2.01 GAA (2nd), .929 SV% (3rd), he and Raanta 2.21 GAA (would be 5th if qualified), .914 SV% (would be top 20) have been outstanding this year. One of the best tandems in the League.

We have two All-Stars in Aho and Andersen (hopefully will be on more Vezina shortlists as he continues to lead the league in Wins, is 2nd in GAA and 3rd in Save Percentage), and should have been a 3rd with Svech losing out on Last Man In to Zibanejad, who was then replaced for personal reasons by Geuntzel.

BUT ANYWAY, how has everyone else enjoyed the year so far? Any highlights?

In non-Canes news the McDavid's dicing of the Rangers and Zegras' wonder goals were awesome.

Let's keep this going until the Canes win the Cup!

Yeah I’ve been excited about the team, but it’s an undeniable buzzkill to not be able to see any games though. Thanks Bally.

^ same. I am watching condensed highlights postgame. It will be cool to have more Canes discussion on this board. Pack Pride has a decent discussion thread if this one goes stale again or more interest in other teams.

Bally can continue to get fucked. The one Canes game I've seen all season was against Washington, and I had to sail the seven seas to watch.

Conversely, I've watched every single Caps game on ESPN+ ftmfw. In fact, I've watched a ton of hockey now that I have access to everything (except Carolina) - I love throwing on Colorado, Edmonton, or Anaheim home games before bed-time.

Let's see if this works. Season-long graphical standings as of Sunday,

8ee2gyplzue81.png

Canes fans with Bally issues, just go to nhl66.ir to stream. The site works great and you can always listen to Tripp and Big Rig.

Last edited:
How's everyone feeling about ESPN and TNT?

I really like the TNT studio panel.

Back