• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

I watched TNT for the Oilers-Caps and Wild-Blackhawks games the other night. First time watching on TNT.

I thought they were good. Ragging on Gretzky about his (terrible) appearance on Young and the Restless was hilarious. He could not deliver the lines with any realism to save his life. Plus the awesome 80's blonde mullet he was sporting was something to behold.

But yea, other than most of them slobbing over Shesterkin and basically praising every other top team besides Carolina, I enjoyed it. But god I think Kenny Albert said "Alex Ovechkin is out tonight because he tested positive for Covid" at least 4728 times. If you gotta mention it that many times, maybe put a banner up on the screen or something lol

Who's watching the Skills Competition?

Some upsets so far.

Kyrou wins the Fastest Skater comp over McDavid and Dylan Larkin. Zach Werenski wins the Foundtain Face-Off (which I thought was a cool new event).

One not-so-surprising result in the Save Streak comp with Vasy and Campbell blowing everyone away.

Hardest shot coming up.

Last edited:
I love Zegras so much.

That was such a badass shot. And I totally didn't notice the balls being thrown at him when I watched it live, I don't know how, but cool nonetheless.

Aho wins the Accuracy contest and he and the Metro division win the All-Star tournament.

He had a goal in the Semifinal against the Pacific Division and an Assist against the Central Division in the final.

Ready for the season to get back into the swing of things tomorrow night.

Tough overtime loss last night after leading 1-0 into the second half of the 2nd period, then going down 1-2, fighting back to 3-2, then letting in a goal to go to 3-3 and finally the OTL.

But hey, coming out of Toronto with a point is still pretty great to start their 4-game road trip.

31-9-3

I doubt it's Pittsburgh since they're partaking in their 89th Winter Classic at Fenway.

I'm hoping Washington, but will try to go no matter the opponent.

Hope they pick a team that won't sell out Carter Finely with opposing fans. So that rules out pretty much any east coast team.

Caps do make the most sense, IMO

I doubt it's Pittsburgh since they're partaking in their 89th Winter Classic at Fenway.

I'm hoping Washington, but will try to go no matter the opponent.

Your initial comment confused me, as the Penguins have not participated in the Winter Classic since hosting it in 2011, but I'm guessing you meant "all outdoor games". They were originally announced as the Canes opponent for the game that was supposed to take place in 2021, but it seems popular opinion is they will be Boston's opponent this year in the Winter Classic since the Fenway Sports Group just purchased the Penguins (though the NHL hasn't officially announced Boston's opponent for the game yet).

You would think that the Canes are at the point where they could sell out this game on their own, with very little visiting team help, but I'm sure the league (and TV execs) are still skeptical. Plus, makes way more sense to have them play a regular rival (Tampa/Washington/some other Eastern Conference team) to juice up the matchup rather than someone from out west.

Canes trounce the Marchand and Bergeron less Bruins 6-0 in Boston. Nice bounceback from the two road losses in Canada.

16-1 in 3 games against the bruins this year. Feels good.

Big slate tomorrow on TNT:

Cats @ Canes 7:30pm
Avs @ Knights 10pm (Eichel is making his season debut!)

Big slate tomorrow on TNT:

Cats @ Canes 7:30pm
Avs @ Knights 10pm (Eichel is making his season debut!)

Two hottest teams in the NHL - Colorado and Minnesota. Colorado hasn't lost in at least 10. Wild have lost once in 12 - pretty much since adding Boldy to the roster (14 points in 13 games).
Colorado looks flat out unstoppable.

UGH....Shitty loss.

Florida scores with 48 secs left to tie it and send to OT and then score the game winner in the first 90 seconds to win.

But odd commentary when one of the analysts said something about playing "tummy sticks" lol

UGH....Shitty loss.

Florida scores with 48 secs left to tie it and send to OT and then score the game winner in the first 90 seconds to win.

But odd commentary when one of the analysts said something about playing "tummy sticks" lol

They scored 15 SECONDS into overtime! That was a deflating minute of hockey by the Canes, the Panthers just have their number this year.

Yea I just heard the announcer say something about 108 seconds between goals but I guess he said a minute and 8 seconds.

Back