• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Not actually NHL news, but Wake Hockey is playing in their conference tournament this weekend. They won their opening round game against WVU 6-3 yesterday and are currently up 1-0 in the second over State, despite being out shot 25-8. It is currently streaming on WRAL's site (https://www.wralsportsfan.com/wral-sports/19176436/

Last edited:
Wake up 2-0 after the second. Outshot 33-11, but goalie James Dunne is playing an amazing game so far. Defense needs to be able to hold on for another 20 minutes and not give up easy chances.

Was just checking the roster and saw that we have two players from Lake Forest, IL. Surely that wasn't confusing for everyone they talked to at home.

Last edited:
OT after Wake gave up 3 goals in the final two minutes of regulation. The first was at the tail end of a major penalty, so I'm sure everyone was exhausted by that point. Shots 52-16 going into the OT. Winner gets UNC tomorrow.

Sounds like a jinx by you!!

Which I have no reason to talk, Hurricanes have looked great against Pittsburgh today, and I was going to come on here and post that they were up 2-0 and looked awesome with Staal scoring the second goal 9 seconds into the 2nd period.

Then Brendan Smith gets a puck to the side of the face and we're down to 5 DEF.

Cue Rust with a goal at the 5 min mark left of the 2nd period, then Crosby with a goal at 2 minutes left.

2-2 going into the 3rd. Raanta looking Freddie-like in goal. Let's hope they can pull it out.

Holy Shit!

Jesper Fast with a goal 9 seconds into the 3rd!

Lightning strikes twice!

Went up 4-2 and were looking good until the last minutes of the 3rd.

Evan Rodrigues scores with 1:12 left, and Hurricanes ice the puck a couple of times going for the open net, the last faceoff won by Pittsburgh and stays in the Carolina zone with one last gasp smack stopped by Raanta at the buzzer.

Great game!

Raanta with his 100th career victory.

I really took it on the chin today on DraftKings.

Put in quite a few lineups with Edmonton guys, only Minn players I had were defenders, and had some Dallas players in and thought I was gonna hit big in the money on my few lineups with Florida guys, but my defenders in all of my lineups failed to show up.

Finished out of the money in all contests and lost 3/4 of my pot.

I'll be back though....I do pretty well on Hurricanes game days.

I think it's going to be a good day today.

I'm calling a 5-2 Canes win with 2 goals coming from DEF (I'm gonna say DeAngelo and Pesce), and a goal from Giroux from the opposition.

LET'S GO CANES!!!

Eeewwww....not looking good.

Hurricanes outshot 12-2. Barely had any looks. No way do they hit my 5 goal prediction without a big shakeup in the 2nd period.

Maybe a little fatigued after a big spot yesterday. Still able to get the two points, I'll take it

Agreed.

Some odd games today with Boston beating Colorado 5-1 and Montreal beating Toronto 5-2

Happy two year anniversary to this stud:

David-Ayres-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Carolina-Hurricanes-goalie-backup-zamboni-marlies.jpg

It's still shocking to see Marty St. Louis behind the bench as a head coach. He has the Habs on a nice winning streak and has kickstarted a Caufield renaissance.

I took a break for a long phone call and Vancouver and Calgary exploded...

The score went from 3-0 to 7-1....and was there something extracurricular going on? They kept talking about someone going to the tunnel early

Plus Tony D's injury to keep him out at least a month, per Brind'Amour.

Last edited:
Back