• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

I took a break for a long phone call and Vancouver and Calgary exploded...

The score went from 3-0 to 7-1....and was there something extracurricular going on? They kept talking about someone going to the tunnel early

Plus Tony D's injury to keep him out at least a month, per Brind'Amour.

Dang, that hurts. Canes reportedly already were looking at shoring up the 5/6 defense spot. It will be interesting to see what they do now.

Hoping for a good game tonight. I think they brought in Chatfield for #6 DEF

Just a random thought, but has anyone else noticed Tripp Tracy always looks to the bottom left of the screen when talking? Probably a nervous habit where he doesn't want to look at the camera the whole time he talks, but it grabbed my attention and it's all I notice now.

Beautiful, beautiful game tonight. Outshot the Blue Jackets 50-19. Just 2 points shy of Colorado for the best record.

Goals from Staal, Niederreiter (1A too), Teravainan, and Trocheck (wish I would put my prediction for this game up because I had all 4 in my DFS lineups).

HOW THE HELL IS FREDDY NOT IN EVERY CONVO ABOUT THE VEZINA!? Dude just keeps winning and outplaying the best goalies in the league (not that Berube is anywhere close to great).

Starting to feel like L.O.C.H.

Anyway, gotta love the Slavin/Trochek hug at the ends of wins. But I wish they had more variance to the Storm Surges...am I wrong or didn't they do a lot of different ones last year? This season it seems like its just a twig up acknowledgement of the fans. :noidea:

Beautiful, beautiful game tonight. Outshot the Blue Jackets 50-19. Just 2 points shy of Colorado for the best record.

Goals from Staal, Niederreiter (1A too), Teravainan, and Trocheck (wish I would put my prediction for this game up because I had all 4 in my DFS lineups).

HOW THE HELL IS FREDDY NOT IN EVERY CONVO ABOUT THE VEZINA!? Dude just keeps winning and outplaying the best goalies in the league (not that Berube is anywhere close to great).

Starting to feel like L.O.C.H.

Anyway, gotta love the Slavin/Trochek hug at the ends of wins. But I wish they had more variance to the Storm Surges...am I wrong or didn't they do a lot of different ones last year? This season it seems like its just a twig up acknowledgement of the fans. :noidea:

Canes need to win games like last night. Can't give up 2 points to a team playing its 4th game in six nights coming off an emotional road win at Florida the night before, playing its 4th string goalie and missing its top D-Man.

Let's go Canes. They have the pieces to win it all.

Last edited:
Rough OT road loss to the Red Wings. Scored the go ahead goal with less than 4 mins in the 3rd only to immediately give up the equalizer less than 1 min later. Sounds like there was a no call that eventually lead to the tying goal. Canes were outshot 7-1 in OT. But one point earned.

Canes vs. Capitals for the Stadium Series game, February 18th, 2023.

Canes vs. Capitals for the Stadium Series game, February 18th, 2023.

Just received notice from the Caps. Game will be played in Carter-Finley. Hope its not 70 degrees.

Canes looking like SHIT against the very same Caps tonight.

At least 4000 penalty minutes so far. Not rushing to pucks, looking slow and lazy. Seems like the puck just keeps jumping over their sticks. All the time basically spent in the Canes' zone.

Poor Necas is trying his heart out, but cannot put it together.

Ovechkin just scored a rocket to make it 0-3. The wheels are about to come off.

I haven't seen much Canes hockey this year (thanks Bally Sucks Sports*), but I'd just chalk it up to a bad night. They were passive during the first two periods, and a historically great PK can only do so much against all the called penalties.

*It was nice that the game nationally aired on ESPN+. However, while I like Bucci and Kaplan as journalists and twitter follows, the ESPN production machine is so infuriating: they just harp on the same four points the entire night. Analysis was seriously lacking, and basic facts were marred all evening.

Nice comeback down 2 to the Penguins to win in OT. Looks like there were a lot of Pens fans in the building.

Wow, rough game and stretch for the Avs. Lost 3-5 tonight after leading 3-0....9-2-4 since Feb 1st after going 15-0-1 in January.

Makar extends his point streak to 14 to break Sakic's team record.

Pretty excited for the Canes/Cavs game on Thursday now. Especially since we're 21-4-2 at home and Colorado is 18-9-2 on the road. Don't wanna jinx it though.

HUGE SHUTOUT WIN OVER COLORADO!!

Great game all around, Bear and Aho with the Goals. Looked great all game and kept the Avs scrambling. Within 2 points of the best record in the league with 2 games in hand.

HUGE SHUTOUT WIN OVER COLORADO!!

Great game all around, Bear and Aho with the Goals. Looked great all game and kept the Avs scrambling. Within 2 points of the best record in the league with 2 games in hand.

That was an incredible game to watch, even with no goals being scored in the first 55 minutes of the game. One of the few times the Hurricanes have been underdogs on their home ice this year. Had to go ahead and set up the 2nd TV to watch hockey/basketball tonight (usually wait and do that on the first day of the NCAA Tournament).

Go fuck yourself Jack Eichel

In case anyone missed where the love went...

Last edited:
I acknowledge that referees are fallible, but over the past couple nights there have been major, result-changing missteps from the zebras. Game management to the extreme!

Yea I couldn't believe Ovi's wasn't called. It was so obvious.

Back