• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Anyone wanting to see the best HS hockey in the nation can watch the semi finals of the Minnesota state HS tourney here.

Second class A semi-final is on now and features Hermantown - who has a few D1 guys and probably one future NHL player.

AA semis are tonight at 7 and 9 ET and will feature a lot of D1 players, some of whom will get drafted. Alex Bump of Prior Lake is sort of must see TV (as is the Maple Grove 1st line).

https://www.45tv.com/prep45/

Trying to keep my mind off my grandpa in the hospital so I’m watching the Canes game.

They look ok so far, tied 1-1 with Philly. Philly had a goal disallowed before they scored like 2 minutes later.

Lorentz scored our only goal so far. Assisted by Stepan and Chatfield.

My post disappeared…

Martinook redirects a Trocheck shot for his 3rd goal of the season and GWG and Aho scores an empty netter for the 2nd game in a row to secure the win.

Nice win against a tough Philly team today. 40-12-5 and 23-4-2 at home.

Go to Pittsburgh for tomorrow’s game.

Yuck…Martinook says he gets to pick the music in the locker room and he said there’s gonna be some Nickelback playing. I hope he was either joking or is trying to torture his buddies

It’s a running joke that Martinook has terrible taste in music and likes Nickleback, I’ve seen it mentioned in a few player interviews.

Hurricanes have NOT looked themselves lately. 2nd straight loss, 2-3 to Toronto tonight with a desperation Trocheck goal with 3.6 seconds left. Reviewed it for goalie interference, but no interference.

We just couldn't get anything going. Toronto played great on defense.

Never felt like we were in the game. Aho and Svech just disappeared.

Martinook gets hurt, looked like his knee, couldn't walk off by himself.

We get Washington at home tomorrow night @7pm, but they are blowing out Columbus 7-2 in the 3rd. Gonna be tough.

Last edited:
It was not the BJs night.

Verhaeghe scores his 21st for Florida for a new career high.

Is it just me, or is EVERYONE getting career highs in goals this year, and there's still 20+ games left in the season. Plenty of guys have hit career highs before the All-Star break. Strange.

Hurricanes have NOT looked themselves lately. 2nd straight loss, 2-3 to Toronto tonight with a desperation Trocheck goal with 3.6 seconds left. Reviewed it for goalie interference, but no interference.

We get Washington at home tomorrow night @7pm, but they are blowing out Columbus 7-2 in the 3rd. Gonna be tough.

We were 9-1-1 before these two Ls, both excusable @ PIT and TO. This maybe not the worst game to lose because I don't really want to play Toronto in the first round, too much ish with Andersen going up against them

Yea I guess I’m just quick to judge. And I’ve been betting heavily on DraftKings for the Canes to no benefit. So it seems worse than it is.

Just need Svech to show up in the playoffs & not fight ovie

36 shots, 1 goal until the last 2 mins. That has been a theme of late. Need the stars to put some pucks in the net.

36 shots, 1 goal until the last 2 mins. That has been a theme of late. Need the stars to put some pucks in the net.

I think one of the main reasons that the Canes haven’t gotten national respect these last two seasons is because they don’t have a prolific goal scoring star player. Scoring by committee is great, but Carolina hasn’t had a top 15 goal scorer since Jeff Skinner in 2016

PHYSICAL game so far...lots of big hits.

Losing 1-2 so far. The 2nd Caps goal was so strange. Ovechkin tries to put a big hit on Niederreiter and then all the players sort of pause. They said a penalty was called but I never saw it and Kuznetsov sneaks a sharp angle goal in by Raanta.

Good game and am hoping the Canes don't get too emotional and let the game get away from them. Someone's gonna get hurt if they don't chill out a bit.

I think one of the main reasons that the Canes haven’t gotten national respect these last two seasons is because they don’t have a prolific goal scoring star player. Scoring by committee is great, but Carolina hasn’t had a top 15 goal scorer since Jeff Skinner in 2016

Good point. Aho's getting close as he's sitting at #20 so far with 27 goals. Svech not far behind with 23.

I like the spread out scoring, opponents never know who to key in on. We're pretty young though so maybe we'll develop a top scorer

Shit....Caps controlling the puck and Jarvis gets called for a penalty.

Back