• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Good news about Kotkaniemi. And I completely missed the Domi news until re-reading this thread just now. Awesome move. 8 points in the 10 games since March 1st.

Enjoyable game between Colorado and Edmonton tonight. They are two of the teams, along with Calgary and Minnesota, that I always try to watch because of the offensive outputs/star players.

Talks of Domi slotting in next to Staal on his line, moving Martinook down to the 4th line where he'd probably be better suited and pushing Niederreiter into the top 6...that or alongside Trocheck and Necas.

Really interested to see how he fits.

Still wish we could have gotten some defensive depth. Would have been nice to add someone like Chychrun, or Lindholm, though that probably would have been expensive.

Other news, the Avs/Oilers game just ended in OT with MacKinnon scoring the winner. Good game!

Poor Vegas. Having an elite roster only matters if the skaters can skate. The expectations were high, but their injuries have been brutal.

Their playoff odds have been shrinking by the day. Currently,

37% (Athletic)
42.7% (Moneypuck)
48.1% (Sports Club Stats...this doesn't include their shutout loss to the Wild, their 6th straight road L)

Last edited:
Talks of Domi slotting in next to Staal on his line, moving Martinook down to the 4th line where he'd probably be better suited and pushing Niederreiter into the top 6...that or alongside Trocheck and Necas.

Given the goal scoring issues of late, I would like to see the top line return and play together.

Turbo-Aho-Svech
Nino-Trocheck-Necas
Fast-Stall-Jarvis
Domi-KK-Stepan/Lorentz

I was at both the Caps game Friday and the Rangers game Sunday.

I attempted to be a conscientious visitor by wearing this shirt design:

emergency-goaltender-mens-long-sleeve-t-shirt.jpg

Definitely a nod to Ayres, something red, and something that doesn't have Ovechkin's name on it.

I was naive to think others would tone down their Ovi worship for the game, considering the war in Europe...

I did enjoy the "USA" chant at the end before Ovi ended the game. He's incredibly good, but right now he's certainly the villain.

Given the goal scoring issues of late, I would like to see the top line return and play together.

Turbo-Aho-Svech
Nino-Trocheck-Necas
Fast-Stall-Jarvis
Domi-KK-Stepan/Lorentz

Do you keep Necas on the second line? Has he scored this calendar year? Also, I like KK, but if he's valuable enough to extend 8 years, do you keep him on the 4th line?

Do you keep Necas on the second line? Has he scored this calendar year? Also, I like KK, but if he's valuable enough to extend 8 years, do you keep him on the 4th line?

I don't think KK is a better center right now than either of those three guys above him. I think he moves up next season if Trocheck is gone. Jarvis or Domi could be switched for Necas and I don't think anyone would be surprised.

MUCH better game to snap the 4 game skid 3-2 over Tampa Bay.

A little extracurricular stuff after the final whistle with Kucherov going after Aho after he was called for interference at the end of the 3rd. Crybaby.

Power Play Goals from Necas, DeAngelo (though that was clearly redirected from Trocheck, so will probably be changed) and an Even Strength goal for Aho tonight...assists from Slavin, Teravainen, Bear, Svech, and 2 from Jarvis.

Great to see the big guys getting back in the score sheet. And good to see DeAngelo back and producing...love that guy!

Tied with Florida at 90 points for the best record in the East with a game in hand, 5 points back from Colorado for the President's Trophy.

Dallas up next on Thursday with them going 2-4-0 over the last 6 games, but winning right now against Edmonton. So a tough game, but not the worst for us.

That Aho goal was insane. I still can’t understand how he was able to get it off of his stick and reach behind him to score.

Great win. As Drew Timme says, kuch is a “scared guy”

I REALLY want the 1st seed. Sorry HTTD, and probably tempting fate with this, but I'll take the Caps all day long over any other team we could possibly play, and I think they are very likely to be the DFL qualifying team in the East.

But if we don't get that I think I'd almost rather get 2nd in the Metro and play the Rangers than have to deal with anyone from the Atlantic

Last edited:
I REALLY want the 1st seed. Sorry HTTD, and probably tempting fate with this, but I'll take the Caps all day long over any other team we could possibly play, and I think they are very likely to be the DFL qualifying team in the East

exkv8mivrxo81.gif

I REALLY want the 1st seed. Sorry HTTD, and probably tempting fate with this, but I'll take the Caps all day long over any other team we could possibly play, and I think they are very likely to be the DFL qualifying team in the East.

But if we don't get that I think I'd almost rather get 2nd in the Metro and play the Rangers than have to deal with anyone from the Atlantic

Was thinking they couldn’t play anyone from the Atlantic until the Eastern Conference finals. Only way they could would be if both wild cards were from the Atlantic (which seems unlikely this year).

MUCH better game to snap the 4 game skid 3-2 over Tampa Bay.

A little extracurricular stuff after the final whistle with Kucherov going after Aho after he was called for interference at the end of the 3rd. Crybaby.

Power Play Goals from Necas, DeAngelo (though that was clearly redirected from Trocheck, so will probably be changed) and an Even Strength goal for Aho tonight...assists from Slavin, Teravainen, Bear, Svech, and 2 from Jarvis.

Great to see the big guys getting back in the score sheet. And good to see DeAngelo back and producing...love that guy!

Tied with Florida at 90 points for the best record in the East with a game in hand, 5 points back from Colorado for the President's Trophy.

Dallas up next on Thursday with them going 2-4-0 over the last 6 games, but winning right now against Edmonton. So a tough game, but not the worst for us.

I think Florida actually has the game in hand, standings say we've played 63 games and they have played 62. Is head-to-head the first tiebreaker, or is it Regulation and Overtime wins? Florida already has the head-to-head tiebreaker on us, but we have a shot to win the other one.

I think Florida actually has the game in hand, standings say we've played 63 games and they have played 62. Is head-to-head the first tiebreaker, or is it Regulation and Overtime wins? Florida already has the head-to-head tiebreaker on us, but we have a shot to win the other one.

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1) The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
2) The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins"). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
3) The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
4) The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.
5) The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.
6) The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
7) The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.

Poor Vegas. Having an elite roster only matters if the skaters can skate. The expectations were high, but their injuries have been brutal.

Their playoff odds have been shrinking by the day. Currently,

37% (Athletic)
42.7% (Moneypuck)
48.1% (Sports Club Stats...this doesn't include their shutout loss to the Wild, their 6th straight road L)

Oh nice, Canes are golden then for tiebreaking purposes, we currently have 4 more regulation wins than Florida.

Was thinking they couldn’t play anyone from the Atlantic until the Eastern Conference finals. Only way they could would be if both wild cards were from the Atlantic (which seems unlikely this year).

No, the Atlantic will produce a Wild Card team as will the Metro since the top 8 are locked in and four come from each division.

I suspect the Capitals will finish in 8th, so they would play the team with the best overall record and slot into either the Metro or Atlantic playoffs accordingly. Thus whichever division winner has less points would play the Wild Card team from the Atlantic, which could easily be any of TB/TML/BOS at this point, none of which I'm particularly eager to face

Back