• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Games should be worth 3 points. You win in regulation, you get all 3. You win in OT/Shootout, you get 2 and the loser gets 1.

I think Florida actually has the game in hand, standings say we've played 63 games and they have played 62. Is head-to-head the first tiebreaker, or is it Regulation and Overtime wins? Florida already has the head-to-head tiebreaker on us, but we have a shot to win the other one.

You're right...I'm getting thrown off by some broadcasts showing GP with records and some showing GR with the records.

I get confused easily.

Games should be worth 3 points. You win in regulation, you get all 3. You win in OT/Shootout, you get 2 and the loser gets 1.

Eh, screw it...I went ahead and figured it out.

Toronto and Tampa Bay reverse positions in the Atlantic (Toronto would have same points but in fewer Games Played, so they w, same with Pittsburgh and New York in the Metro (based on tiebreakers posted earlier, they are tied in points, and same Games Played, but have more Regulation Wins), but Wild Cards stay the same.

Minnesota drops to a Wild Card team while Nashville jumps to top three in Central. Dallas drops from Wild Card to two spots out, while Vegas moves up from first one out to last Wild Card team.

CURRENT:
Atlantic: W/L/OTL
Florida - 42/14/6 - 90pts
Tampa Bay - 39/17/6 - 84pts
Toronto - 39/18/5 - 83pts

Metro: W/L/OTL
Carolina - 42/15/6 - 90pts
Pittsburgh - 39/16/9 - 87pts
New York - 40/19/5 - 85pts

Wild Card: W/L/OTL
Boston - 39/19/5 - 83pts
Washington - 35/20/10 - 80pts

NEW:
Atlantic: W/L/OTW/OTL
Florida - 32/14/10/6 - 122pts
*Toronto - 33/18/6/5 - 116pts
*Tampa Bay - 30/17/9/6 - 114pts

Metro: W/L/OTW/OTL
Carolina - 36/15/6/6 - 126pts
*New York - 34/19/6/5 - 119pts
*Pittsburgh - 32/16/7/9 - 119pts

Wild Card: W/L/OTW/OTL
Boston - 31/19/8/5 - 114pts
Washington - 27/20/8/10 - 107pts

CURRENT:
Central: W/L/OTL
Colorado - 45/13/5 - 95pts
St. Louis - 35/18/9 - 79pts
Minnesota - 37/20/4 - 78pts

Pacific: W/L/OTL
Calgary - 38/17/8 - 84pts
Los Angeles - 35/22/8 - 78pts
Edmonton - 35/24/5 - 75pts

Wild Card: W/L/OTL
Nashville - 37/23/4 - 78pts
Dallas - 35/24/3 - 73pts

Vegas - 34/28/4 - 72pts
Winnipeg - 30/24/10 - 70pts
Vancouver - 30/26/8 - 68pts

NEW:
Central: W/L/OTW/OTL
Colorado - 37/13/8/5 - 132pts
St. Louis - 32/18/3/9 - 111pts
*Nashville - 30/23/7/4 - 108pts

Pacific: W/L/OTW/OTL
Calgary - 33/17/5/8 - 117pts
Los Angeles - 27/22/8/8 - 105pts
Edmonton - 29/24/6/5 - 104pts

Wild Card: W/L/OTW/OTL
*Minnesota - 28/20/9/4 - 106pts
*Vegas - 28/28/6/4 - 100pts

*Winnipeg - 26/24/4/10 - 96pts
*Dallas - 23/24/12/3 - 96pts
Vancouver - 24/26/6/8 - 92pts

Is it just me, or do the Canes all of a sudden suck at shots from outside of 3ft?

All of their goals seem to come from 1-on-1's with the goalie or rebounds or a shot from on or around the slot.

It just seems like we keep getting a ton of shots, but they are always 6ft back or farther and, while on goal, have such a lower percentage of going in. Do we need more screeners or guys out front to deflect? It's like once their stick goes back for a long shot or one-timer, you can just give up on that being a goal.

1-1 after 2nd period.

Last edited:
God damn fucking Freddy.

These shots are RIGHT AT YOU.....make a damn stop.

We keep going up, then an immediate response. We are playing like utter shit.

Yay.....Aho passes the puck every chance he gets to take a shot....nada.

No Dallas going up 4-on-3.

We're gonna lost ANOTHER game. I can't stand being a sports fan.

Oh and then USA will lose to Mexico later and Pulisic and all of our other top players will get hurt.

Last edited:
Shootout loss.

Sucks. Canes doing everything they can to lose out on the 1 seed.

Hard to believe you could lose outshooting the other team like that. Not finding corners

Giving up three goals on that few shots seems like the bigger prob

From memory at least 2 of Dallas’s goals weee defensive breakdowns that resulted in prime scoring chances. Admittedly, Freddy has stopped those in other games, but those weren’t on him IMO

Shot counts don’t mean a thing if a majority of shots are from the blue line with no net-front presence.

Carolina has a lot of speed and skill but rarely seem to skate in the offensive zone; more just dump and chase and hope to throw on net and play a rebound.

That and the stars are just not hitting the net right now, Aho, Trochek, Marty and Svech all had chances last night and…bagels

From memory at least 2 of Dallas’s goals weee defensive breakdowns that resulted in prime scoring chances. Admittedly, Freddy has stopped those in other games, but those weren’t on him IMO

Shot counts don’t mean a thing if a majority of shots are from the blue line with no net-front presence.

Carolina has a lot of speed and skill but rarely seem to skate in the offensive zone; more just dump and chase and hope to throw on net and play a rebound.

That and the stars are just not hitting the net right now, Aho, Trochek, Marty and Svech all had chances last night and…bagels

I've noticed that too, and I think it's a result of teams figuring out that the best way to play us is to clog the middle. It's part of the reason why I thought we could really benefit from another good shooter, but hopefully Domi's style will help. It's also why I expect Tony D to be a very important player for us in the playoffs.

Great to see a lot of dudes who were really struggling to score light the lamp tonight

Awesome game tonight and great to see some stars get shots in the net.

And holy cow I didn't realize the Flames/Oilers game was so good. They're two of the teams I mentioned before that I always try to catch and I had no idea they were playing tonight.

Calgary is def legit, it's hockey so an Avs-Flames WCF probably won't happen but that would be one helluva series.

Also woulda been a great day if Ottawa could just held on against Florida. Three-goal leads, the hockey kiss o' death

Back