• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

We got lucky in Game 1, played terrible the first two periods then turned it on big time, found a way to break through late and got a fortunate winner in OT.

Tonight a big improvement, we still need to start these games better, that's a consistent trend, but from about 15 mins in we wrested control. Rangers having a super hard time generating anything against us (not that we're generating much, but still more than they are).

Hopefully our game travels better this series, I suspect it will

Maybe PNC is actually one of the loudest houses in the league. MSG sounds so quiet on tv.

Jesus fucking Christ……9 for the last 92 on Power Play going back to the Regular Season.

Wow….9.8%

Yeah, that's our best chance to score goals on the road and it's a nothing burger for us, has to change if we want to go further.

Best game on the road of the playoffs at least, hopefully we break thru Tuesday otherwise imagine the guys will start questioning themselves

Someone needs to explain to me how someone can purposely knock a defenders stick out of his hand, leading to an immediate goal, and not me called for a penalty. I guess it would be a pretty weak slash, as he didn’t chop down on the stick, but there’s no way that’s legal.

The combo of that plus the iffy penalty that lead to their first goal is frustrating. Either call everything or nothing

Maybe PNC is actually one of the loudest houses in the league. MSG sounds so quiet on tv.

Was quieter today than it was for Game 7 against the Pens - when MSG is rocking, it's an experience.

Great win for my boys today, finally broke through. Need to keep it up on Tuesday night and tie this series up.

The combo of that plus the iffy penalty that lead to their first goal is frustrating. Either call everything or nothing

On their 1st goal, they got away with a pick play that was called in both western conf games. Thats what is frustrating, different calls in different games.

Not sure what the rule is on slashing, but the ref was signalling from down to up, so that might be the rule. Swipe up and its fine, but down is a slash.

Rod didn't gripe about it in the presser, though he also wasn't asked about it

On their 1st goal, they got away with a pick play that was called in both western conf games. Thats what is frustrating, different calls in different games.

Not sure what the rule is on slashing, but the ref was signalling from down to up, so that might be the rule. Swipe up and its fine, but down is a slash.

Slashing can be any sort of strike with the stick on the other player or his equipment if it has no involvement in trying to play the puck. But yes, lifting sticks is legal as a way to play the puck and you are much less likely to see a slash called for an upward hit on a stick.

Stick lifts are only legal when trying to play the puck though, right? Tony D was guarding Kreider off the puck and following him to the spot across the goal where he eventually scored. Very good chance it’s not a goal if Tony doesn’t lose his stick and can actually bother Kreider. It’s either a slash or interference but there’s no way it’s neither.

Was quieter today than it was for Game 7 against the Pens - when MSG is rocking, it's an experience.

Great win for my boys today, finally broke through. Need to keep it up on Tuesday night and tie this series up.

boo-boo-this-man.gif

Jesus....missed the Calgary/Edmonton game last night and just saw Lucic's hit on Smith. What a fucking prick. Sutter said he "tried to slow it down a little bit". Like....what? He literally ran directly into Smith.

Does a game misconduct ejection carry anything into the next game? Not familiar with how that works.

Also, NYR coach called Domi out for a "cheap shot". But am I the only one that thought it was nothing? He barely tapped the dude in the back. The retaliation was much worse. Plus Gallant literally saying they were going to retaliate like 12 times in his presser...just seems worthy of some kind of fine or something to say "we've got guys that will retaliate" and "the shoes gonna be on the other foot soon".

Red and Black glasses probably, but whatever.

Lucic has a history, Pickle:

Gallant's comments boil down to: Reeves will get a few more minutes to earn some PIMs and justify his enforcer contract. Hell, he might lace 'em up himself:

As a wise man named Neil Young once said, rust never sleeps.

Rust away, Tampa

Lucic is one of the dirtiest players in the game. Corey Perry has him on years, but it took a good 7 or 8 seasons for Perry to become a dirty asshole. Lucic was there in like two seasons.

Jesus....missed the Calgary/Edmonton game last night and just saw Lucic's hit on Smith. What a fucking prick. Sutter said he "tried to slow it down a little bit". Like....what? He literally ran directly into Smith.

Does a game misconduct ejection carry anything into the next game? Not familiar with how that works.

Also, NYR coach called Domi out for a "cheap shot". But am I the only one that thought it was nothing? He barely tapped the dude in the back. The retaliation was much worse. Plus Gallant literally saying they were going to retaliate like 12 times in his presser...just seems worthy of some kind of fine or something to say "we've got guys that will retaliate" and "the shoes gonna be on the other foot soon".

Red and Black glasses probably, but whatever.

The only was that the Canes really need to worry about that is if they are up big, and they would be expecting it at that point anyway. The Rangers won't be stupid in a close game, and if they are, it will just open up opportunities for the Canes.

Back