• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

What a game. Hilarious ending. How that ref missed an obvious goal right in front of him is beyond me. Avs dominated that OT.

Yuge play by Kuemper to keep the play moving with exhausted Tampa going for a change

I don’t know much about hockey but I’ve enjoyed this Lightning run. They finally got burned on sloppy shift change. They had a few where they almost gave up breakaway goals earlier.

I spy...vulcanized rubber.

wevr6lreka791.jpg

Pretty neat that Kuemper registered the first OT assist by a goalie in the Finals.

So was the too many men penalty as blatant as pundits are making it out to be, or is that just to cause controversy? Per the letter of the rule, I guess it was, but seems like that happens an awful lot. McKinnon was clearly on his way out and not involved in the play, and Kadri didn't touch the puck until he was almost on the bench.

Def shoulda been called IMO, McKinnon was basically at center ice when Kadri jumped on. Avs got away with one there

So was the too many men penalty as blatant as pundits are making it out to be, or is that just to cause controversy? Per the letter of the rule, I guess it was, but seems like that happens an awful lot. McKinnon was clearly on his way out and not involved in the play, and Kadri didn't touch the puck until he was almost on the bench.

Just bitching and moaning from the Bolts, Staff, players and fan base. At a time they should be concentrating on a way to get back into this Series.

Has anyone besides Cooper said anything about it? And by yesterday he was unnecessarily apologizing for his disappointed dad presser and had essentially moved on

https://stanleycupple.nhl.com
Stanley Cupple 5/7, 2022-06-24
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️🟩
⬜️🟩🟩⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜️⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜️⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

I always feel proud when I'm able to pull a name out to win. I always go blank when I try to think of names.

Also, I will be watching tonight for the first time in a couple games. Excited to get my mind off things with some hockey.

Hated to see the Canes go out in Round 2, but I'm at peace with how this hockey season ended. Colorado was by far the best team, and their play throughout the playoffs proved it. Too bad we don't get to enjoy a Game 7 on Tuesday.

Yep, well said. Avs are the standard, make some big forward moves Canes to get closer to their level!

Congratulations to Justicebork, who is guaranteed 1st place after the Avs sweep. Bravo!

Official Final Standings:

1) Justicebork (326 points)
2) HTTD (241)
3) wsc8521s (231)
4) OblongPickle (148)
5) wakelaw13 (141)
6) Deacsfan27 (126)
7) Numbers (111)

Sucks I missed the cup presentation, I had to go to bed and it was 1-0 Tampa so I hoped for G7. Best team won though. Really best two teams were represented in the finals so it’s a good cap to the season.

Every team's 2022-2023 regular season schedule

Items of note from the NHL presser:

-The Nashville Predators and San Jose Sharks will begin the regular season with two games in the 2022 NHL Global Series at O2 Arena in Prague on Oct. 7 and 8 (each at 2 p.m. ET).
-The Global Series also includes two games between the Avalanche and the Columbus Blue Jackets at Nokia Arena in Tampere, Finland, on Nov. 4 and 5.
-The 2022 NHL Thanksgiving Showdown doubleheader on TNT on Nov. 25 with the Pittsburgh Penguins visiting the Philadelphia Flyers at Wells Fargo Arena (5 p.m. ET) and the Lightning hosting the St. Louis Blues at Amalie Arena (7:30 p.m. ET).
-The 2023 Discover NHL Winter Classic between the Bruins and the Pittsburgh Penguins at Fenway Park in Boston, home of the Boston Red Sox, on Jan. 2 (2 p.m. ET).
-The Florida Panthers hosting the 2023 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend at FLA Live Arena, featuring the 2023 NHL All-Star Skills on Feb. 3 and the 2023 Honda NHL All-Star Game on Feb. 4.
-The 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series between the Carolina Hurricanes and the Capitals at Carter-Finley Stadium on the campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina on Feb. 18 (8 p.m. ET).

Definitely going to the Carter findley game

Fuck Russia.

Wild’s Kirill Kaprizov remains in Russia amid reports of fake military ID, flight to U.S.

The Minnesota Wild and the NHL were trying to get a handle on a developing situation Wednesday after multiple media reports surfaced out of Russia that Wild star Kirill Kaprizov is wanted in his native country for allegedly buying a falsified military ID card in 2017, when he was playing for Salavat Yulaev Ufa. Wild general manager Bill Guerin told The Athletic that Kaprizov is still in Russia, contrary to reports that he had fled for the United States.

This situation comes days after Philadelphia Flyers goaltending prospect Ivan Fedotov was arrested and taken to a military naval camp for allegedly evading mandatory military service. Fedotov has been accused of purchasing a fake military ID from a high-ranking military officer, who allegedly helped other Ufa athletes obtain the military cards as well.

Georgiev to Avs for picks. This likely signals the end of Kuemper's time in Colorado.

And DeBrincat to the Sens (?!) for a mediocre pick package. I really thought the Hawks would pull more.

Good, overachieving draft from the Canes so far, by all accounts

Back