• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football rated 9th hardest coaching job by the Athletic

Did the article also mention we were the last North Carolina team to win an ACC championship in the last 15 years.

How does the Demon Deacon play outside of our own community?

IIRC he was a focus of an ESPN commercial and was in several others.

Also, I believe, at one point, ESPN asked if they could just use Wake on the ticker or something but we said no.

Not like anyone would confuse Wake with Lake, as opposed to Wake Forest and Lake Forest.

I can see an argument that we want to be know as Wake Forest, but it would probably help branding in the general media (i.e. no confusion vs Miami & Miami (OH))

Regarding the overall list, if coaches are making the picks, of course they are big babies if their fan base's expectation is win the conf most year and a natty once in a while.

The question obviously was not the the hardest program to win at, but which programs are you afraid of coaching at.

In my experience we’re frequently referred to on the ticker as Wake. Even when there’s room to write Forest.

Huh. I don’t see it this way at all. Deacon head is fun and the WF is classy and cool. Both add to our branding.
My argument is that the Deacon Head is a bygone (of my era '03 and before) and that it is much more useful from an AD marketing perspective than the WF. I fear the Hatch era ruined the athletic necessity for a unique and catchy athletic logo to be at the forefront of our university's marketing efforts. I might be alone in that perspective, but if there was a poll on who would rather have a singular Deacon Head logo vs WF logo on a piece of apparel i might be proven wrong.

Did the article also mention we were the last North Carolina team to win an ACC championship in the last 15 years.

We are the ONLY North Carolina team to win an ACC Championship in the last 40+ years.

Last one since UNC won in 1980.

I mean if we’re talking helmets, who all in the conference doesn’t just have a text logo other than FSU, Clemson, and State? Miami has the U which is sorta different. Everyone else just had a few letters unless I’m misremembering.

The Wake thing might be from the last time we were truly relevant to ESPN on the national scene. The probably don't care what we think now.

I mean if we’re talking helmets, who all in the conference doesn’t just have a text logo other than FSU, Clemson, and State? Miami has the U which is sorta different. Everyone else just had a few letters unless I’m misremembering.
Look at the score board at the bottom of games. BC has the eagle in there. State has the doggie. The WF is really really lame. My hill to die on.

Look at the score board at the bottom of games. BC has the eagle in there. State has the doggie. The WF is really really lame. My hill to die on.
Don't fuck with our helmets. Classy. That headgear for State is awful.

Toughest job would be University of Miami. Elite private school with the expectation of football should be Alabama level. Their home venue situation is a joke. Their expectations based in one magical historical run. No coach can make it there.

Much of Miami’s success came from when Miami was the only FBS program south of Gainesville the U locked up South Florida talent. They have a legacy and location advantage but the rest is tough.

New Mexico State has to be on the list. I lived in Las Cruces for 18 years and can personally attest to that.

Back