• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ Syracuse Friday 10/15

Some of the nepotism gumblings down this way are also directed at all of the former players that Dildo has hired with little to no coaching experience.

That was Navy, not Army. My gosh, yeah we KNOW the defense hasn't looked great the past 2 games, but we're 6-0 for the first time since maybe anybody on this board was alive. We've got a tough last half of the season and particularly last 3rd of the season, but we've got a chance to do something really special, enjoy the ride.

Clearly 80deacon won't be enjoying anything until Wake gets beat. Such a clown.

I think the bigger criticism of Swinney's kids is they are the starting and backup holders and they are both of scholarship (on top of the two Venables kids also being on scholarship). From what I understand there is a not insignificant portion of the fanbase that's pissed they are on scholarship since Clemson obviously has some depth issues on offense.

Not to mention both make in excess of $1M / year and the kids get in state tuition.

Are Dabo’s kids really on scholarship? That is absolutely appalling. According to a quick Google search in-state tuition is ~$16k a year and he’s on a $93MM contract. What an absolute POS. I guess Jesus just wanted it this way though.

In state tuition plus room and board is more like $25k / year, but your point stands.

Just got home and am now listening/watching the greatest team to ever play college football.

ESPN is insufferable. I'm reminded why I listen to Stan Cotten for our games.

Not going to see much scoring in this one.

But Syracuse can run the football obviously.

From what I’ve seen, I expect us to be feeling a lot better about last weekend after this one is over.

I'm afraid Clemson is still good enough that its going to be hard for a one dimensional QB to beat them.

Agreed, offense is bad, but Clemson's defense is still for real.

So far looks like the game v. Clemson will be very similar to Cuse. Clemson D is better, but Cuse has a better run game. Neither QB is a good passer, but Clemson WR more dangerous if they actually connect.

Syracuse has killed themselves with dumb penalties and mistakes.

Syracuse had a first down at Clemson's 30 and killed themselves with an offensive face mask on the quarterback then had a first down at the 20 and made that stupid turn over And then give up 2 personal files on Clemson's touchdown drive.

Back