• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for Wake basketball on Selection Sunday (including ACCT)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The ACC has 15 teams. WF hasn't been relevant in more than 10 years. When a writer/analyst is tagged with handicapping the ACC, that person feels like they are done after the breakdown of the first 12 teams; so, when its time to analyze WF, BC and Pitt, they mail in the evals. To date, there has been no reason to call out anyone for ignoring WF, that changes this season. Will love it if a week into January, college hoop gurus are saying "oh shit, WF is good; how did I miss on that one?". TJDK.

This turned out to be a really good post. Take that MessageBoardGeniuses.

My post was even better as only 4 of us predicted 21 or more wins. WFU can do that in the regular season by winning the rest of its home games. I'm now predicting final regular season record of 24-6 with 2 wins in the ACCT for 26 wins and 2nd place in the ACC.

My post was even better as only 4 of us predicted 21 or more wins. WFU can do that in the regular season by winning the rest of its home games. I'm now predicting final regular season record of 24-6 with 2 wins in the ACCT for 26 wins and 2nd place in the ACC.

Pilch, tell him why this is such a bad take.

I missed this poll but if we've learned anything from the past it's that either the highest or lowest option usually wins.

This year will be no exception

Congratulations to almost everyone for being wrong! GO DEACS

BubbaJean, lovemydeacs, Neurodeac, and w84it are real ones

10/15/21 - One of only 4 who voted for 21+ wins in poll.

10/15/21
I'm going full irrational exuberance here and predicting that Forbesy pulls a Skip Prosser in his first year (I agree with Forbesy that last year doesn't count) and ties for 3rd in the conference after being picked at the bottom.

1/21/22

BubbaJean, lovemydeacs, Neurodeac, and w84it are real ones

2/10/22 Even as ridiculous as my previous predictions were at the time, they were too conservative. Now at 20-5 and 10-4, I've learned my lesson and am predicting a FIRST PLACE REGULAR SEASON FINISH!!!

Last edited:
Well, with 23 wins, the team outperformed expectations from this thread but no NCAA Tournament. Gotta schedule way harder next year.

Last edited:
10/15/21 - One of only 4 who voted for 21+ wins in poll. 2/10/22 Even as ridiculous as my previous predictions were at the time, they were too conservative. Now at 20-5 and 10-4, I've learned my lesson and am predicting a FIRST PLACE REGULAR SEASON FINISH!!!

Soclose

93% of our fans thought we would have 20 or fewer wins. In just 5 months, Forbes has significantly increased our standing and expectations. We had 5 ACC road wins this year - Manning had 6 in 6 seasons.

I mean, we can moral victory this season to death but I’m bummed and I can’t imagine that the team isn’t

I mean, we can moral victory this season to death but I’m bummed and I can’t imagine that the team isn’t

Of course. Everybody is. But we were much, much better than anyone expected. I think we have a lot to build on for next year.

Of course. Everybody is. But we were much, much better than anyone expected. I think we have a lot to build on for next year.

I think we have a lot to build on if Jake LaRavia stays and nobody knows what we have to build on if he leaves.

Forbes deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bringing in transfers. He hit a fucking grand slam this season. If Jake and 2 of Davien, Walton, Zeke return I like our chances a lot next year.

Forbes deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bringing in transfers. He hit a fucking grand slam this season. If Jake and 2 of Davien, Walton, Zeke return I like our chances a lot next year.

I don't think anybody is denying him the benefit of the doubt, but we obviously have a much higher season with Jake than without him. That's my point. And, sure, we're better if those guys come back, but that's another unknown at this point.

Aren’t all those non-Jake guys seniors? Admittedly I’m just looking at the Yahoo Sports app’s designation listing them as “Senior” or “Redshirt Senior” and am probably missing tons of context/relevant information/etc.

Really interested in how this works now with regards to kids leaving that have eligibility and aren't NBA prospects.

Does Forbes sit down with someone and convey who he'd like to return? Then does someone else estimate their value in year 1 overseas playing pro basketball and drum up matching NIL money to keep them here?

Minus NIL offers, I can't imagine Mucius, Daivien, or Walton returning. They're all good enough to make money playing pro ball and I'm sure they've had enough college time at this point. Will other teams make NIL offers and try to poach our players?

Such a different world moving forward.

Back