• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for Wake basketball on Selection Sunday (including ACCT)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dali Llama

Reaction score
Seem to be some threads for Wake basketball discussion already, but as requested by ATS and others, here's the preseason prediction poll. Same as always - when we wake up on Selection Sunday, how many wins will Wake Forest basketball have? So including any potential ACC Tournament wins.

Schedule:

E_cdUXAXEA4tCaw

I always like to look at this with bear/base/bull scenarios...

Bear: 7-4 OOC, 6-14 ACC, 0-1 ACCT = 13-19
Base: 9-2 OOC, 9-11 ACC, 0-1 ACCT = 18-14
Bull: 10-1 OOC, 11-9 ACC, 1-1 ACCT = 22-11

I guess you could argue the bear case could be even worse (but 13-19 seems pretty bad to me).

Agree that the ACC schedule is "tough", but we really have no idea about those teams perceived to be in the middle tier... Some of those games could be easier (or tougher) than expected.

I think I ultimately fall somewhere in between the base & the bull... 9-2/10-1 OOC seems like it should happen based on how easy the schedule it. 8 to 12 wins in the ACC seems like a good range. And in the ACC tourney, it's tough because we could be a worse seed and be 1-1, a middle seed and lose right away, or make a little run. No idea there, so 1-1 seems reasonable.

So give me 20-13 (10-1, 9-11, 1-1)... And even then, I go back and forth between 9-2/10-1 OOC and 9-11/10-10 in the ACC.

I'm going full irrational exuberance here and predicting that Forbesy pulls a Skip Prosser in his first year (I agree with Forbesy that last year doesn't count) and ties for 3rd in the conference after being picked at the bottom.

It's funny... I've read a few previews where they clearly have no idea Monsanto is going to be out this year. I've also read one where they mentioned he transferred a year ago and then redshirted last year at Wake.

I know we've had a lot of roster turnover, but it's difficult to take someone's opinion of our prospects for this season seriously when they have no idea about who is on the team and will be playing.

It's funny... I've read a few previews where they clearly have no idea Monsanto is going to be out this year. I've also read one where they mentioned he transferred a year ago and then redshirted last year at Wake.

I know we've had a lot of roster turnover, but it's difficult to take someone's opinion of our prospects for this season seriously when they have no idea about who is on the team and will be playing.

The ACC has 15 teams. WF hasn't been relevant in more than 10 years. When a writer/analyst is tagged with handicapping the ACC, that person feels like they are done after the breakdown of the first 12 teams; so, when its time to analyze WF, BC and Pitt, they mail in the evals. To date, there has been no reason to call out anyone for ignoring WF, that changes this season. Will love it if a week into January, college hoop gurus are saying "oh shit, WF is good; how did I miss on that one?". TJDK.

Monsanto/Hildreth/Taylor/Jake is a strong group of wings for the future.

The ACC has 15 teams. WF hasn't been relevant in more than 10 years. When a writer/analyst is tagged with handicapping the ACC, that person feels like they are done after the breakdown of the first 12 teams; so, when its time to analyze WF, BC and Pitt, they mail in the evals. To date, there has been no reason to call out anyone for ignoring WF, that changes this season. Will love it if a week into January, college hoop gurus are saying "oh shit, WF is good; how did I miss on that one?". TJDK.

I don't need a professional writer or analyst. I have the OG Boards.

Which is why I'm still depending on you to find me a win total o/u for the Deacs this year.

Working on it... Will let you know once I find that book and put enough down to move the line... ;-)

Every national prognosticator has WF either 13th or 14th in the ACC. That is 13 wins at best. Crossing my fingers to find a WF season O/U along those lines.

11-23.
9-22 in the regular season and 2-1 in the ACCT.
Program still hasnt recovered from letting the last coach go.

Here's to most of the rest of us being wrong by the end of the first week in February.

Back