• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Colin Powell Dead

you see, there were those of us who knew beforehand that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Powell were full of shit leading up to the Iraq war, and that the whole thing was a cruel and thoughtless adventure that would would destroy thousands of lives, designed to line the pockets of a select few off of the public's grief over 9/11, and their ignorance.

Last edited:
you see, there were those of us who knew beforehand that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Powell were full of shit leading up to the Iraq war, and that the whole thing was a cruel and thoughtless adventure that would would destroy thousands of lives, designed to line the pockets off of the public's grief over 9/11, and their ignorance.

^This. There were plenty of people who criticized the reasons for going to war in Iraq and said it would be a disaster - they were just ignored by the Bush Administration and most of the news media and government. Same thing with the Trump Administration - there were plenty of people all through 2016 who warned that Trump would be disaster.

And they’re still being ignored. The anti-Iraq War movement has been erased from the mainstream narrative even with the mainstream acknowledgment that the war was a boondoggle.

lol abc

Were the generations of American war criminals vindicated by history? Tough to say, but it’s hypocritical to criticize them and enjoy your freedoms, that I can say for sure. Absurd!

Talk about hypocritical, on paper the Powell doctrine makes a lot of sense. But apply it to the war in Iraq given the role he played in ginning up support and boosting fabricated evidence he had every reason to believe was fabricated, and what else should we call this person? He spoke out of both sides of his mouth about the justification and support of the war to Bush and the cabinet and for the surge when he was in and out of the administration. Lest we limit his actions to Iraq, he whitewashed if not altogether covered up the Mi Lai massacre when tasked with investigating it. He directly aided in the Iran Contra efforts while NSA.

I’m glad he was a sane voice in recent years with the rise of neoconservatism and Trumpism but he was cowardly or outright despicable when he had the actual political power to do the right thing, deferring to an overmatched and outwitted Bush and the scheming machinations of his bloodthirsty and self-enriching cabinet of ghouls.

God, what did the emails say about trump? I mean, he had to pay for it. I guess it depends if you think the fault belongs to the one doing the bad deed…I bet men and women feel differently, clearly also Rs and Ds.

Powell was an amazing man who served his country nearly his entire life. He broke barriers for blacks in the military and public service.

He spoke up about the madness of Trump. His endorsements of Obama were invaluable to the campaign.

He goes to a better place that many of his critics don't even believe in (heaven).

Rest in Peace General.

Powell was an amazing man who served his country nearly his entire life. He broke barriers for blacks in the military and public service.

He spoke up about the madness of Trump. His endorsements of Obama were invaluable to the campaign.

He goes to a better place that many of his critics don't even believe in (heaven).

Rest in Peace General.

What is the difference between many and most and majority?

I posted that because I think he's a smart and thoughtful and perceptive person, fully spot on about HRC, and right about a lot in his career, and for those reasons (and the fact that people think he's a decent man), he can't be absolved for the things he got wrong in death. His long and comfortable life after public service is more than was afforded to the many victims of the Iraq war generations later.

So does this mean that you have the blood of American Covid deaths on your hands? Rather than voting for HRC, you sat out, and helped Trump win office, who completely mismanaged America's COVID response.

So does this mean that you have the blood of American Covid deaths on your hands? Rather than voting for HRC, you sat out, and helped Trump win office, who completely mismanaged America's COVID response.

lol what made you think i sat out 2016? i voted for her in swing state PA, and i'm double vaxxed. swiiiiiiing and a miss.

lol what made you think i sat out 2016? i voted for her in swing state PA, and i'm double vaxxed. swiiiiiiing and a miss.

I still have zero understanding (because you haven't explained it) of why Colin Powell's thoughts on Hillary, which you apparently agree with, are relevant to not absolving Colin Powell for his mistakes. But also completely irrelevant is your vaccination status to this discussion.

They're not relevant, they're just funny. "dicking bimbos" is objectively very funny.

and anyway you said some weird shit about me having blood on my hands so i got a little defensive.

and anyway you said some weird shit about me having blood on my hands so i got a little defensive.

I mistook your opinion agreeing with Powell's take on HRC as evidence that you didn't support HRC because she wasn't left enough.

But I agree that "dicking bimbos" is hilarious and I am going to incorporate into my regular lexicon.

I mean I don't have much love for HRC, but it was an easy vote in 2016.

2020 my vote didn't matter bc by then I'd moved to DC.

But anyway this thread is about giving love to our dearly departed, Colin Powell.

So is it good or bad to chase after power and money?

So confusing.

Maybe some of the HRC criticism is just sexist.

So is it good or bad to chase after power and money?

So confusing.

Maybe some of the HRC criticism is just sexist.

Pretty much. It also reflects changing times. The same people in the 90s who would have thrown her under the bus for leaving Bill criticize her now for staying linked to Bill.

Could be, also I feel pretty consistent in disliking both of them for a lot of overlapping reasons. How about you guys?

Back