• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Colin Powell Dead

Will always remember him for speaking at my graduation in 2004, all the while championing various Bush policies (Iraq, No Child Left Behind), all to prerecorded applause. I hope that is the last time I ever here pre-recorded applause at a graduation speech. RIP.

according to my WF magazine he was supposed to do an upcoming talk with Madeline Albright

This trash human, leader of the Republican Party everyone!

Trump is such trash. he is filled with so much hate, even in saying 'rest in peace'.

the worst part is now all his followers (most Republicans) now accept this as the norm for how society should be. guy we didn't like died? fuck him, let's dance on his grave.

the worst part is now all his followers (most Republicans) now accept this as the norm for how society should be. guy we didn't like died? fuck him, let's dance on his grave.

Step out of your Tunnels and Twitter bubble from time to time, Barca. It's a big beautiful world out there.

Colin Powell was a great man and leader. RIP.

Great man. Lived a life in service to others with honor and dignity.

That Trump statement just gives Trumpers a low-stakes way to criticize Trump and seem independent.

Alternatively, he intentionally misled the American people and the international community, and a million Iraqis died.

FCAuaJZXsAEtlxL

While he was able to die peacefully surrounded by family at 84, 1 in every 5 Iraqis has someone in their family who died because of the invasion of Iraq. More than half of all babies born in Fallujah between 2007 and 2010 were born with a birth defect. The average lifespan in Iraq is 70.

He gets to be solemnly eulogized and remembered as a decent man in America, but the rest of the world thinks a hell of a lot differently about him.

The NYT's podcast, the Daily, had a good episode on Powell and Iraq. Powell's position was that he was mislead on the WMD and was the only one actually telling Bush it was a bad idea. Take that FWIW.

Alternatively, he intentionally misled the American people and the international community, and a million Iraqis died.

FCAuaJZXsAEtlxL

While he was able to die peacefully surrounded by family at 84, 1 in every 5 Iraqis has someone in their family who died because of the invasion of Iraq. More than half of all babies born in Fallujah between 2007 and 2010 were born with a birth defect. The average lifespan in Iraq is 70.

He gets to be solemnly eulogized and remembered as a decent man in America, but the rest of the world thinks a hell of a lot differently about him.

Yikes.

The NYT's podcast, the Daily, had a good episode on Powell and Iraq. Powell's position was that he was mislead on the WMD and was the only one actually telling Bush it was a bad idea. Take that FWIW.

"You break it, you buy it." - Powell to GWB re Iraq

The New York Times isn't the most reliable source to look back on the Iraq War.

I'd love to recommend Blowback s1 to anyone interested in a very in-depth look back at the war's planning and runout:

Back