• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

CP3 has made $200m in the nba. $30m/ yr in endorsements. Reported net worth is $170m. He can go back to his $20m mansion in LA and nash his teeth over his lack of championships.

He made his choices, looks like he got what he wanted. Generations of his family will never have to work.

What’s that supposed to mean? He’s been elevating franchises. He took a team with a good bubble run to the top of the West. Going back further he had to go to the Clips when he choice was to go to the Lakers.

He shouldn’t have been in the position to have to lead this team. This is on Booker, Ayton, and Bridges. They’re supposed to be the young core.

I'm 100% rooting for Luka to win it this season now

Suns are mentally soft. You can say what you want about CP, but he isn't mentally soft. Team has been flailing in the playoffs since Game 3 of last year's finals. If you're relying on your 37 year old PG to bail you out, that's an issue that is beyond the help of your 37 year old (god it feels so weird to say Chris Paul is 37 years old) PG. Dude is paid to find the open man first, score second, get his hands on loose balls third. If the open man isn't going to knock down those looks, not much you can do. Suns looked like me beyond the arc and midrange for most of the losses in this series, and certainly for the last two.

What’s that supposed to mean? He’s been elevating franchises. He took a team with a good bubble run to the top of the West. Going back further he had to go to the Clips when he choice was to go to the Lakers.

He shouldn’t have been in the position to have to lead this team. This is on Booker, Ayton, and Bridges. They’re supposed to be the young core.

The rare time when Ph and I are in agreement.

idk but something to do with steve nash’s teeth

just so whiny and pouty

Luka is whiny. And its by far his worst quality. But I think NBA is to blame for a good portion of it. His clips of international play, even at Olympics last summer, arent like that.

Also Devin Scheyerface Booker and CP3 were also in this series so....

Well, barring any major injuries, that about wraps up the points competition. Only question is how much Shoo wins by. Shoo drafted Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith 49th and 72nd respectively, and they could very well finish around 10-15 when it's all said and done. Hell, Reggie Bullock and Maxi Kleber went undrafted, and they could finish in the top 20.

congrats shoo. pretty dominant.

kinda hard to not pin it on cp3. You can't yoyo back and forth between taking every shot and going 14-14 to being super passive and not looking to score.

CP either got injured or he got shook, and I didn't see the injury. Game 3 he had 7 TO's in the first half, that seems to be what shook him.

kinda hard to not pin it on cp3. You can't yoyo back and forth between taking every shot and going 14-14 to being super passive and not looking to score.

i don’t disagree entirely but in the perfect game he only took one shot in the first half

kenny just said it and i agree — young lebron.

Nah. Completely different games but Luka is as good or better than Lebron was at that age.

Lebron played a lot more playoff games in the weak East at that point, but Luka scored more points and was more efficient.

luka is maybe young lebron on offense, but nowhere near lebron on D and he's going to have to do something about his body if he wants to be old lebron

I feel bad for Chris. He is just never going to get over that curse.

Unfortunately his career is going to be defined by the lack of championships.

I hope Suns can come back just as strong next year, but I doubt it. They might lose a few small pieces, but their big deal is resigning Ayton. If they don't pony up and keep him, then it's an even more ridiculous ask to have them be 8 games better than the rest of the league again next year.

There's still time for Chris, but after the last two seasons, I'm afraid he has a block there mentally. If he can't get back there next year, a lot of players are FA the year after, so it might be his last chance. Maybe Chris can be a 40 year old bench player on a title team in a couple of years, but IDK.

Read somewhere that only 7 teams in NBA history have finished the season 7 games or better than the rest of the league. All 7 teams won the Championship. Guess that's down to 7/8.

3 pairs of teammates in the last 50 seasons have had Game 7s where they scored 30 points each. Shaq/Kobe....Bird/McHale.....and....Doncic/Dinwiddie? A little odd there.

I knew cp was washed for this game, he was washed for g5 too but Booker bailed him out. cp used too much energy in the pelicans series with book out. Dude’s 37 and you can’t expect 14-14 every night. Should cp have been on minutes restrictions given the short break between games? Probably, but Monty didn’t have the courage to do it. It’s pretty amazing how good Luca is, mavs bench is mediocre at best. Monty won COY but he was definitely outcoached in this series, Payne shitting the bed and Holiday getting no meaningful minutes (why didn’t Monty trust him??) won’t get talked about enough. It would be hard to write a sadder career than cp’s career and my heart breaks for him, again. Reminds me of the spurs fan article about how the lows are more impactful than the highs although cp has never really had any highs in his entire career.

Somebody remind me how Chris going to the Lakers was blocked and how that was acceptable.

CP either got injured or he got shook, and I didn't see the injury. Game 3 he had 7 TO's in the first half, that seems to be what shook him.
he was injured (quad injury is being reported) and Monty has never had the courage to bench an injured cp, just listen to the jj podcast on last year’s lakers series

Back