• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

he was injured (quad injury is being reported) and Monty has never had the courage to bench an injured cp, just listen to the jj podcast on last year’s lakers series

I mean there was obviously something wrong with CP3. It just wasn't visible. He had multiple games this post season where he seemed like a top 5 player in the world, and then just had 5 horrific games in a row where they purposely had someone else bringing it up past half court every game. Reggie Bullock can't guard a healthy cp3 the full length of the floor. He's lost plenty of games but he's never had 5 horrific games in a row.

CP3 has one of the best handles in the world, the fact they didn't let him bring the ball up the court was the biggest tell that something was off

So what do the Suns do in the offseason? I think they run it back and bring in a better 6th man combo guard. It's still a young team. Booker, Ayton, and Bridges will get better.

So what do the Suns do in the offseason? I think they run it back and bring in a better 6th man combo guard. It's still a young team. Booker, Ayton, and Bridges will get better.

You just run it back. They get Saric back as well from injury. Their whole team outside of CP3 is under 25. They'll have a decent enough shot at winning it where you don't blow anything up. You got 3 more years of CP3 on the books, so you just roll with it

luka is a bad, bad dude

he reminded me of MJ tonight in the way he just didn't stop piling it on

luka is a bad, bad dude

he reminded me of MJ tonight in the way he just didn't stop piling it on

yea, which is why I like Dallas vs the rest of the conference finals teams. Dallas also has a kick ass defense behind it too.

Somebody remind me how Chris going to the Lakers was blocked and how that was acceptable.

This will also be the great “What If…?” If Chris’s career. How this happened, I still don’t know. Has it ever happened before or since? I remember exactly where I was when it came on Sportscenter.

David Stern just didn’t want to give the Lakers another championship and wanted to boost the attractiveness of the Hornets since the League owned them. Still bullshit considering what the Lakers offered and what the Clippers eventually gave them.

yea, which is why I like Dallas vs the rest of the conference finals teams. Dallas also has a kick ass defense behind it too.

true - but at the same time the rest of the roster kinda stinks

who is the 2nd best player? brunson?

He’s the best player left in the playoffs.

true - but at the same time the rest of the roster kinda stinks

who is the 2nd best player? brunson?

yeah but Dinwiddie was absolutely cold blooded in a game 7. When you got an alpha like Luka, you don't need much more than a dinwiddie/brunson/finney smith/bullock/kleber/bertrans roster to fill it out.

Sorry it’s karma and the curse. It wasn’t until last year I believe he even got to the wcf. You can’t get credit for elevating the suns to the finals then be absolved of failures. Did the suns have the best record because he is the best player or supposedly his leadership?

I’ll say it. He left wake because he was told it was the best thing to do financially. Well, he certainly accomplished that. Was it the best thing if winning was what was most important?

I’m no mavs fan but this felt soooo wake Forest (butler) and there was only one of those on the court. I would have loved nothing more than to see Cuban crying post game.

The fact is that CP3 has a history of teams with a wtf how didn’t they win that series moments.

So the same god who curses Wake with players leaving early while UNC runs it back also curses the players who leave early?

Ah two things. CP3 comes back we are a title contender top 10 team. The message was he HAD to go for the money.

Second CP3 was not not but player on the suns. He was the leader. You can’t just say a pitiful performance was everyone else’s fault.

In terms of who is driving the bus for the Suns, it’s a pretty clear pecking order:
1. Booker
2. Paul/Ayton
3. Everybody else

When one of your #2s is well past his prime, you’ve got to find a better way to conserve his minutes. As someone mentioned earlier, they couldn’t do that against the Pelicans. They really needed it to not just be the CP3 show when Booker was out, but if they had left it up to Ayton and the rest there’s a good chance they would have been bounced.

Could Paul have played better? Yep. Would it have mattered tonight? Nope.

Am I still surprised that some Wake fans are bitter about CP3 going pro? Yep. That decision has been so obviously proven correct over his career that it’s unthinkable to argue the alternative.

What's with all the hate for CP3 on twitter and stuff?

I mean, plenty of All-Time greats didn't win championships. :noidea:

He’s a hateable NBA player. But he demands respect. He’s done the opposite of ring chase as an older player.

Shout out to the Bucks and Suns for allowing me to spend time with my family today instead of watching hard fought Game 7s.

In contrast, two absolutely awesome hockey game 7's today, both won in OT by the home teams. Nothing more tense than an OT game 7 in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Back