• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Nice. My cousin sang the national anthem tonight.

Hornets: 1.5
NBA's Health and Safety Protocols: 0.5

I'll take the moral victory. Without LaMelo, Rozier, Ish, McDaniels, and Plumlee, they pushed Embiid and his band of merry officials to OT and almost pulled it out. Embiid blatantly travels on the shot to force OT - no call. Drummond clearly kicks the ball to himself to start a break - no call. Harris knees the ball out of bounds with the clock winding down - give the 6ers the ball. Oubre looks at the ref after a horrible call - tech; Nyang berates an official down the court and then takes an intentional foul on Bridges shoving him in the back at the 3pt line so he can berate the ref more as he is subbed out - no call. Anyone breathes on Embiid - keep parading him to the line; Hayward gets an arm bar across both arms when going for a layup - not a damn thing. It is a damn joke playing any major market team. All those extra possessions is a killer for a patchwork squad.

Despite that, the guys forced into the rotation played great. JT Thor dropped Mjollnir on Drummond, and Bouknight threw down one of the craziest putback slams you'll ever see. Even Nick Richards held his own against Embiid and out-hustled him on multiple possessions. We get them again tomorrow so maybe can pull one out.

And yeah Wes Bryant is bigtime now. He is on the broadcasts and on the radio a lot. He fumbles all over himself frequently because he is hanging with top-5-hottest-sideliner Ashley Shahamadi, but who wouldn't.

Lol the last two games he’s whines about the officiating the other team was called for more fouls

If you don’t want to be without your best players for long stretches of the season then simply don’t contract the corona virus, ask any Sixer fan

kinda feels like Dame is throwing CJ under the bus lately

would be one thing if Dame played good D himself, ya know

I imagine the Sixers would be pretty pumped with getting CJ in a trade for Simmons

I did watch end of Cha-Phi last night and yes Sixers got a much better whistle late, but not surprising. Hornets needed to hit one more open three late (missed three or four straight) in the fourth and would have won in regulation

kinda feels like Dame is throwing CJ under the bus lately

would be one thing if Dame played good D himself, ya know

I imagine the Sixers would be pretty pumped with getting CJ in a trade for Simmons

Ehhh I’d be glad to be done with the situation but CJ doesn’t fill much of a need.

given that Simmons is pretty much a persona non grata, I don't know how you'd do any better

More interested in something like this

I was just going to post that. I haven't watched the Pacers play much, but they seem to have talent. Which one do you want as a starter for the Sixers and how do you want to acquire them? I can't see the Pacers rebuilding around Simmons.

Think to unload Ben the sixers will have to give up some of the young talent. Hope it’s not Ty or Tisse but I would do it for Sabonis for sure.

I don't see the fit for Sabonis and Embiid. Sabonis does most of his best work facilitating from the low or high post. Isn't that where Embiid normally lives?

Yeah. That's why I asked Townie who he wants. I don't think Sabonis or Turner fit with Embiid and I don't think they need Levert.

Embiid doesn’t really sit in the post, no. He pretty much gets his from everywhere. It would be nice to either get an athletic, scoring wing or a PF who can defend and wants to bang on the glass. https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/joel-embiid-shot-chart-by-season

Unless you’re getting a Klay type shooter, the Sixers have enough catch and shoot threats and could use a bit more length again.

I'm telling you you want the guy who dropped 30 on Duke to lead the 15 seed-2 seed upset in exchange for your pouty PG

I said on here a few weeks ago that Myles Turner for PJ Washington + Plumlee makes a ton of sense for both teams. Pacers would probably try to hold out for Bouknight but I don't think the Hornets do that, but I would throw in a future protected 1st. PJ fits much better as a 4 next to Sabonis at 5 than Turner does at 5 with Sabonis at 4, and PJ will always be coming off the bench behind Bridges unless we go really small with him at the 5, in which case we get killed in the post. So I don't see the Hornets resigning PJ, so use him to upgrade their biggest position of need if possible.

I don't see why the Pacers would want any of Simmons' salary if they are truly trying to retool. They aren't tearing it all down, just trying to swap some key pieces for better fit. Even throwing in Maxey I don't think moves the needle enough to take that contract.

Back