• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Being under .500 in the middle of the season.

Ah a bit dramatic on the phrasing but sure, a very nice in season turnaround

Know their stats are solid but I can’t shake the feeling that Cs have try-harded their way to the finals too

They even out-try-harded the most Try Hard team, the Heat

I think it’s simpler than that. Their top 3 players have stayed pretty healthy. Same for the Dubs.

really it was Smart’s game management that almost cost them

Smart he wasn’t. He hoisted 3 3s with plenty of time on shot clock. Yea they were wide open but he could have easily driven to hole and at least got contact for a foul if not at least getting a much higher % shot in all 3 situations but you have to run the clock down when up that big. I love the heart and hustle he brings but that was one time Usoka should have called a TO and have the Celts play smarter the last couple of mins.

I don't like the Celtics, but it is pretty awesome to see Spo and the Heat bitching about that reviewed 3 when Lowry's non-reviewed 2 called a 3 was basically the difference between the Hornets getting the 7 and 10 seeds and cost Borrego his job.

Over. Warriors in 6. Warriors, Celtics, Warriors, Celtics, Warriors, Warriors.

Celtics have had the mojo going against Golden State for a long time. In the Steve Kerr era for GSW, the Celtics are the only team with a winning record against the Warriors.

To me the Warriors look deeper, healthier and more experienced. Celtics are good but I think the dubs have too many threats. I’ll be a little bold and go warriors in 5

It's pretty interesting how split Vegas and the analytics community (538, etc.) are on this series. 538 has the Celtics with an 80% chance of winning (Cs have been 538 darlings for months now), whereas the Vegas consensus is Warriors -155. Lotta public money on the Dubs.

To me the Warriors look deeper, healthier and more experienced. Celtics are good but I think the dubs have too many threats. I’ll be a little bold and go warriors in 5
My biggest question if I'm the Dubs is who's matching up with Horford and Rob Williams besides Looney, or who's challenging Tatum, Jaylen, etc. at the rim? The Warriors don't really play any other bigs besides Looney. I imagine Bjelica is gonna get some run this series. I mean, Steven freaking Adams was causing some trouble for GS in the second round. And the Mavs bigs are...lol.

I think the Celtics length is gonna be an issue for the Dubs, and I'm trying not to just say that as a Celtics honk.

Is Robert Williams going to be healthy? He was out at the end of Game 7 against the Heat. If Williams can play and is healthy, the Celtics' chances go up a lot.

This one is a hard one for me to figure. Boston's d was elite in the regular season, but they have played the nets with KD and 1 game from Irving, the Bucks sans Middleton, and the Heat, an offensively challenged team to start with who then had injuries at various points to Butler, Lowry, and Herro. The Warriors, assuming they stay healthy, are an order of magnitude better on offense than any team Boston has played in the playoffs.

That being said, Boston has played the GS well, and it seems like the length should matter.

I think it is going 7 and would slightly lean to the dubs.

This one is a hard one for me to figure. Boston's d was elite in the regular season, but they have played the nets with KD and 1 game from Irving, the Bucks sans Middleton, and the Heat, an offensively challenged team to start with who then had injuries at various points to Butler, Lowry, and Herro. The Warriors, assuming they stay healthy, are an order of magnitude better on offense than any team Boston has played in the playoffs.

That being said, Boston has played the GS well, and it seems like the length should matter.

I think it is going 7 and would slightly lean to the dubs.

What's the word on Otto Porter's foot and Gary Payton's elbow? Those guys are a lot more important to this series than I think folks realize. Porter has become neo-Iggy and, while Moody and Kuminga have been great this year, they're no substitute for Porter/Payton imo.

Yeah. Depth matters a lot. If the “others” can come in and play quality D and put a few points on the board, that’s huge.

Overall the Celtics have an edge on D and matchups. Their top 3 matchup well with the Warriors. Much of it will come down to what the Dubs depth can do.

Back