• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

lol so in one sentence you claim boston's D as elite but then don't attribute any of Kyrie's scoring struggles to said elite D

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Celtics vs. Warriors for the Championship

JVG OUT with covid

more airtime for mark jackson but doesn't matter because i watch sports on mute

About time to bring in Doris. It was clear Van Gundy was sick.

Woj has COVID as well.

Seems like they're only doing a two-person booth with just Mark Jackson on color. Ugh. Bringing Doris in is so obvious of course they won't do it. I guess she does the radio broadcast, but who listens to the radio?

Seems like they're only doing a two-person booth with just Mark Jackson on color. Ugh. Bringing Doris in is so obvious of course they won't do it. I guess she does the radio broadcast, but who listens to the radio?

You had better do as you are told. You better listen to the radio.

lol so in one sentence you claim boston's D as elite but then don't attribute any of Kyrie's scoring struggles to said elite D

You don’t make a distinction between regular season performance and post-season performance?

That was my only point. I’m not sure how much of Boston’s postseason success is due to the fact they haven’t played an elite offense at full strength. The closest to an elite offense would be the nets, FWIW.

doris loooooooooooooves the celtics, but so does most of the #bostonmediamafia at ESPN

doris loooooooooooooves the celtics, but so does most of the #bostonmediamafia at ESPN

It’s not like no one loves the Warriors so it is what it is.

It’s not like no one loves the Warriors so it is what it is.
Trading up to take Fultz over Tatum, choosing Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris over Jimmy B, half a decade of Processing for 2nd round exits has got this man down bad.

Trading up to take Fultz over Tatum, choosing Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris over Jimmy B, half a decade of Processing for 2nd round exits has got this man down bad.

he's simply not wrong, folks

could be worse, could be a hornets fan

he's simply not wrong, folks

could be worse, could be a hornets fan

Doubtful. We are pretty even-keeled. Minimal expectations so zero sports heartbreak. Even now with LaMelo and Bridges, we have no coach for some unknown reason so it is what it is. Can't compare to getting Embiided for an early playoff exit in some new and spectacular way every year.

And why does it matter if JVG has Covid? Why is Covid still considered an issue? Where does it currently rank on causes of death - is it in the top 50? Let the man work. Mask down, man down should no longer be the standard.

Dude shouldn't have been calling that last game, he sounded like death. Was a bizarre decision at the time.

I guess I'm alone in that I like Mark Jackson. And really like him with JVG. I may not have at first but now it's like they are the sound of the NBA for me. It all just sounds right.

Well, that dude with the potential payday got offered a chop by MGM before game 7... And he refused it and let the whole thing ride. Would have loved to have seen his reaction when Butler missed that 3.

He flew in today and put $50,000 in cash on Boston to lose as a hedge. Insane.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Celtics vs. Warriors for the Championship

Remind me what was the bet? A big weird parlay for like $170K, right? What did MGM offer?

#respect
7edc4ac86cdbeeb9c5dd413140adb9d4.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, $500 on Scheffler to win the masters (before his first win) and on the Celtics to win the MBA finals. $186,000 parlay payout. Not sure what the final chop offer was but the initial ones were lower than I would have thought, like $25k.

$25K is good money but not when you have a reasonable shot at $186,000 and can easily hedge for double that.

I guess I'm alone in that I like Mark Jackson. And really like him with JVG. I may not have at first but now it's like they are the sound of the NBA for me. It all just sounds right.

yes you are alone

Mark Jackson would be better if he didn't abandon the catch phrases. When ya gotta schtick you gotta keep with it.

Which catches phrases has he abandoned?

Back