• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

He’s so good.

Tons of injuries, hardest schedule in the NBA so far. And yet…

I don't know what you are trying to prove with that list, but I look at Duke's list and see almost everyone one it has at least one Natty. They were able to win with those bums and our sorry school has all that all-time talent and jack shit to show for it.

Since this is the NBA thread, it was discussing how well the dook star did in the NBA and their tendancy to have career defining injuries. If people think Zion is going to recover and have a HOF career, the dook NBA jinx will prevent that.

The one guy I was surprised that wasn't on that list was Reddick. Totally hated him at dook, but have to respect that he learned how to adopt his game to be a solid NBA player (but again a dook POY that didn't become a star in the NBA).

If you wanted to swivel to college recruiting, assuming we are in an era were ACCT and NCAAT are secondary to NBA career's and stardom: Go to dook and be shot into NBA oblivion.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Rockets on a 7 game winning streak

JJ Redick was a McDonalds AA MVP, 2 time ACC POY, national POY, lottery pick who was one of the greatest college shooters of all time. He entered the NBA as it was becoming a shooters’ league. He never made an All-Star game and was a career role player. The fact that he had one of the best Duke careers helps make the point.

So 83, does the Duke curse stop you from wanting the Spurs to get Banchero in the draft? The Spurs desperately need a PF with his skillset.

there should be a rule that the pelicans cant win another lottery this year.

JJ Redick was a McDonalds AA MVP, 2 time ACC POY, national POY, lottery pick who was one of the greatest college shooters of all time. He entered the NBA as it was becoming a shooters’ league. He never made an All-Star game and was a career role player. The fact that he had one of the best Duke careers helps make the point.

So 83, does the Duke curse stop you from wanting the Spurs to get Banchero in the draft? The Spurs desperately need a PF with his skillset.

Well it took Tim Duncan to carry a dookie to a title. For a long time having a dookie on your team was the kiss of death for your championship hopes.

Last class from Kaye? Pretty tainted. He’ll do something stupid like drink and drive. No such thing as a sure thing with dook stars. The list is so damning. That’s 10 guys out of how many McD AAs, All Americans, PoY, All ACC etc. The math says there should be some mvps and a lot of nba championships, but there is not.

Unless you are a contrarian not sure you can do this.

this covid thing is kinda annoying for my bulls

at least y'all got to postpone game(s)

league forced the sixers to play when they had 8 unavailable, made them call up multiple 2-way guys and dress an injured player on the bench and still only had 7 active

10 out for the Bulls when the team report 100% vaccination status in early November

Silver reported the league was at 96% not long ago

what a mess

As I said last week, these Covid protocols are stupid. If everyone in the NBA has the vaccine, who gives a shit if they have Covid? The vax doesn't actually eradicate the virus. Isn't that the entire point of the vaccine, so there can be a big bukake of Covid germs and nobody actually gets sick from it, whether they test positive or not? None of these guys are actually sick, and if there is someone who is not vaxed or high risk, then it is their own fault for going to an NBA game. Let them play and move on from this idiocy. But it's follow the #science until let's not.

Being cynical, I think some players and team lie about their vax status, unless they are a complete anomaly we really should see it roll through every team, of course maybe it has and I'm just not paying that close of attention. In football, I know the Cowboys were late at complying and we have the Aaron Rogers version of what being vaxed is.

With more thought, if this is who you are in line to get, trade the pick and either find someone lower or try again next year. Just say 'no-dookie'.

Dubs-Pacers tied at 100 with 47 sec left. Steph is 2 away from breaking the 3 point record.

As I said last week, these Covid protocols are stupid. If everyone in the NBA has the vaccine, who gives a shit if they have Covid? The vax doesn't actually eradicate the virus. Isn't that the entire point of the vaccine, so there can be a big bukake of Covid germs and nobody actually gets sick from it, whether they test positive or not? None of these guys are actually sick, and if there is someone who is not vaxed or high risk, then it is their own fault for going to an NBA game. Let them play and move on from this idiocy. But it's follow the #science until let's not.

you can feel the spittle just shooting out of this post

10 out for the Bulls when the team report 100% vaccination status in early November

Silver reported the league was at 96% not long ago

what a mess

it really is an indictment of silver that somehow the goodell is doing this less stupidly

between the kyrie and lebron anti-vax idiocy, the deluge of protocols predictably derailing the season, and apparent cowardice at the thought of doing anything that might ruffle any constituency's feathers, i'm over the adam silver-era already...

I'm not sure what public health advice Silver is getting here. Seems like the best policy would be for anyone who tests positive to sit until they have 48 hours of positive tests. Vaccinated players who don't test positive should be able to play. Unvaccinated players and personnel have already made their decision to be at risk. Screw 'em.

im not clear on what protocols that people are having issues with other than 2&2 who thinks the players should be allowed to play with covid.

once a players tests positive, they are quarantined for 10 days but can return earlier with 2 negative tests in 24 hours if they are vaccinated. there are just a lot of breakthrough cases now because of variants and waning vaccine immunity. this is a PSA to get your booster

yeah, I'm not blaming Silver

NFL has the advantage of only playing once a week

im sure luka's old man game is partially the reason he doesn't gaf. lebron lived or died by his athleticism when he came into the league. he's developed old man game as the years have gone by but hes always rightfully tried to protect that part of his game as much as he could.

luka was never great bc of his blow by or leaping ability. so he orders dessert and misses the morning workout. but he would actually be better if he was in shape. also seems like a personality thing that wont likely change.

i keep trying to remind myself that Luka is 22. I think it is a personality thing but I’m hoping it’s cause he is young. There are some guys who turn that on later and some who dont

Bad news for Mavs is it won’t matter as long as Cuban is running the team. I can’t believe I am saying this but dude needs to look over at Jerry Jones, who finally learned in last few years to trust someone else to make personnel decisions. It’s hard to believe that this Mavs team has rolled out the same starters for the last four years as if switching out a few bench players was going to change anything

In other words I’d be fat Luka too if I had to play with that roster too.

Back