• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Suns expected to match. No sign-and-trade. But maybe a trade in-season.

That seems like bad management by the Suns. They'll be stuck for at least half a season with a bad long-term contract for a guy they clearly don't want. He isn't going to be happy and is already getting paid, so he isn't going to play hard and they'll be selling him low in the trade window just to get out from under him, and probably have to take some more bad contracts in return to match. Better to take what you can get now or just let him walk. They aren't going to be able to get more for him later than they can now, and will be stuck taking on bad money to make it happen.

There's a reason why the Suns had been bad for years before getting CP3 despite having some good players.

Shit, the Pacers had to waive Niky Shooter to make that max offer. They're all in.

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency/Summer League; Ayton staying?

Is Ayton better than Sabonis? What is the Pacers’ plan.

Bobby Marks just discussed this hypothetical during Hawks-Spurs.

810c272e65682c80ed64bc4ad9b7bf74.jpg

So, Utah gives up Donovan Mitchell and gets Ben Simmons, Cam Thomas and 5 first round picks plus swap rights?

Mitchell was a liability in the playoffs this past year. They say Danny Ainge only makes trades if he is the clear winner.

is this ayton's people trying to bluff / power play and get stuff moving? everything i've read says he's "going to sign" or "will sign" (vs. he has signed).

it doesn't really make sense for the pacers since signing ayton essentially takes phoenix off the trade market and basically forces them to match the offer. and not sure it makes sense for ayton for the same reason, unless he actually wanted to come back to phoenix which kinda seems unlikely, but who knows.

Last edited:
Yeah. And I thought getting Barrett + 3 1sts for Mitchell was a great trade. Cam Thomas is by far the worst player in that trade and he was one of the best players in SL and should be a good rotation guy going forward.

The Pacers would get Ayton for Turner + Cleveland's 1st.

I think the Nets should get one of those Suns picks and keep Cam Thomas. Otherwise it looks good pretty good.

is this ayton's people trying to bluff / power play and get stuff moving? everything i've read says he's "going to sign" or "will sign" (vs. he has signed).

it doesn't really make sense for the pacers since signing ayton essentially takes phoenix off the trade market and basically forces them to match the offer. and not sure it makes sense for ayton for the same reason, unless he actually wanted to come back to phoenix which kinda seems unlikely, but who knows.

Sabonis is on the Kings

He was on the Pacers for 4.5 seasons until they traded him. He made two All-Star games for them. Seems weird that the Pacers traded an All-Star big near the deadline then months later are prepared to move heaven and earth to get Ayton, who is 2 years younger, but is arguably as good.

He was on the Pacers for 4.5 seasons until they traded him. He made two All-Star games for them. Now they seem prepared to move heaven and earth to get Ayton. Seems weird to trade a big near the deadline then months later make a bunch of moves to get a guy who is 2 years younger, but is arguably not better.

Isn’t Halliburton/Hield/Ayton better than Sabonis?

Isn’t Halliburton/Hield/Ayton better than Sabonis?

Sure. But is it better than Sabonis/Turner/Brogdon/Warren? Do they even keep Halliburton and Hield in a sign-and-trade?

Ayton officially staying in Phoenix...for now?

this ayton thing has unfolded in the dumbest possible way for every party involved. the suns, ayton, the pacers if they actually wanted him

i had the wrong impression about what this meant for trading ayton now. they can't trade him to indiana for 12 months, but they can trade him anywhere else before that as long as ayton agrees. i didn't realize that... interesting.

i had the wrong impression about what this meant for trading ayton now. they can't trade him to indiana for 12 months, but they can trade him anywhere else before that as long as ayton agrees. i didn't realize that... interesting.

The ESPN article thinks your initial take was correct

The Suns cannot trade Ayton until January 15 -- and cannot trade him for a full year without his consent. This takes Ayton out of any possible offseason trade scenario involving Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant.

yep. cant trade him anywhere for 6 months no matter what. then he has 6 more months of essentially a no trade clause.

everyone lost in this deal

Back