• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Cam Thomas in these old school Nets jerseys looks a lot like Kendall Gill.

Cam Thomas hit the OT game winner over the Spurs. Wasn’t expecting the short handed Spurs to challenge the Nets with a bunch of G leaguers but it was a good effort. Youngest player in the league Josh Primo hit a three to send it into OT.

I’m willing to admit this will be my first time watching the Cavs play a full game all season.

Feels like Klay is going to get like 20 points in 20 minutes.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread

Starting to see more of this Simmons to the Hawks for JC talk. I just don’t see Simmons and Trae working together or JC playing with Embiid.

I like the Hawks doing a smaller package for Jerami Grant and/or the Derrick White deal I mentioned before.

Update on Ben Simmons trade talks, frustrated Hawks star John Collins a possible match? NBA news and notes https://theathletic.com/3060724/202...ba-news-and-notes/?source=user_shared_article

Last edited:
Bobby Portis out there murdering various Hornets players.

Nearly broke Hayward's nose about 30 seconds after smack talk with Hayward. Dirteeeee

I guess literally almost murdering Nikola Mirotic was not good enough for the psychopath.

Portis was just pissed the Hornets beat them down two games in a row and Melo is taking the spotlight from Giannis. Huge games from Rozier and Bridges, with PJ and even Plumlee playing some good D. Without T$ Papi last night, so a shorter rotation but it paid off even though the refs tried to give it to the Bucks on the last sequence with the 4-point play.

We've got the Sixers next though, which is 3 games in a row against the two biggest whining bitches in the league. If we can go 3-0 in three straight 8 on 5 games, it would set us up really well. Giannis had 20 FTs on Saturday, eclipsing Embiid's 19 against us from earlier in the season. I expect the refs tomorrow night will accept that challenge and send Embitch to the line 23 or 24 times.

clipse scored 28 points in the first half last night and won

Gary Payton's kid looked good last night -- didn't realize he's already 29 years old and been in the league off and on since 2016

Portis was just pissed the Hornets beat them down two games in a row and Melo is taking the spotlight from Giannis. Huge games from Rozier and Bridges, with PJ and even Plumlee playing some good D. Without T$ Papi last night, so a shorter rotation but it paid off even though the refs tried to give it to the Bucks on the last sequence with the 4-point play.

eWufkbL.jpg

Sixers won a couple of games with "Point Embiid" bringing the ball up court. All Philly usual primary ball handlers are out for various reasons. So Embiid is the guy bringing the ball up court and initiating the offense.

Opponents confusion allowed him some coast to coast trips. Rebound. Dribble length of court. Dunk.

are you from the philly area, blue?

or just fan of philly sports?

I grew up in northern DE and all TV came from Philly. So my early life in person games were in Philly. Mom was a big sports fan and grew up in Philly.

My first knowledge of Wake came when Jack McCloskey left Philly (Penn) for Wake in 1966.

Are the Grizzlies a title contender?

Currently, there are 13 NBA teams with far shorter odds of winning the title.

Is it now clear that Ja, not Zion, should’ve been the top pick?

Are the Grizzlies a title contender?

Currently, there are 13 NBA teams with far shorter odds of winning the title.

Is it now clear that Ja, not Zion, should’ve been the top pick?

Not really. Nothing against Ja as he is a great player, but as CP3 has found out, you can't win a title with just a great PG. Too easy for defenses to force the ball to other guys in a 7-game series. If you are centered around a great PG, you also need an All-Star level wing or big to go all the way. Even Steph isn't winning it by himself without Klay and/or Wiggins. Maybe Dillon Brooks or whichever of the Josh/Justin/Jarren Jackson crew they have becomes that guy, but they aren't it now.

agreed -- Memphis is deep and fun as hell, but don't have the top-end supporting talent to be a #contender

An AI can get you to the finals in a weak East. That’s about it. The Griz could try to trade their depth for a good scoring wing but I’m not sure who fits that bill who would be available.

Back