• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

who would have guessed a few years ago that among the 30-something year old backup centers, javale mcgee may be the best

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Second Round

The Mavs fate might somehow cling to Maxi Kleber and I dont like that

Fan complains that winning playoff series depends on team’s 3rd or 4th best player.

who would have guessed a few years ago that among the 30-something year old backup centers, Olympic gold medalist javale mcgee may be the best

Addendum

Fan complains that winning playoff series depends on team’s 3rd or 4th best player.

Yeah he isnt that. He is probably 6th or 7th. And either way you are making my point. Suns are twice as deep than Mavs. It isnt close. Suns have 3 of the best 4 players in the series and a few of their bench guys would get major run on the Mavs

I wasn’t disagreeing with your point. Just saying every playoff series hinges on that guy.

Are the Sixers really going to extend Harden? He may be 32, but he looks and plays like he's 42. Signing him at all is dumb; committing to a long term deal for Harden is certifiably insane.

Are the Sixers really going to extend Harden? He may be 32, but he looks and plays like he's 42. Signing him at all is dumb; committing to a long term deal for Harden is certifiably insane.

This is a great question

This is a great question

next year is nice, but i'd be happy to start thinking post-Embiid/Tobias now too. maxey, reed, bassey, joe, springer is a decent core (the latter three not seeing much of the floor just yet). i don't think harden is worth the big spend, but the bigger deal to me is dumping Doc. he can't figure out how to use Harden at all now that his game is less about getting to the rim or threes at a > 40% clip. he's still an elite facilitator, capable of 10 assists per game, and not a skill that i see in great decline if utilized properly. let him legitimately run the offense though if we are entertaining extending him. run more pick and roll with embiid. way too much standing around in the halfcourt, could we attempt a single high screen? you almost never see it. danny and tobias and maxey are all highly capable of catch and shoot threes, but the switchable defenses are rarely having to work too hard to defend them. that's not a harden issue, that's a running offense issue where doc is just not making improvements.

Back