• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

crazy that two out of embiid, Giannis, and jokic won’t win mvp

will this be cp’s first playoffs entering as the Vegas champion favorite?

I'd be fine if the city of Milwaukee decided to impose a vaccine mandate starting next week.

crazy that two out of embiid, Giannis, and jokic won’t win mvp

will this be cp’s first playoffs entering as the Vegas champion favorite?

Seeing a lot of momentum for Jokic down the stretch. Incredible season for all three. They’d be easy MVPs most years. This league is incredible.

Did you all see the Nets waived James Johnson? They had to let him go to convert Kessler Edwards from a two way to a standard contract.

Seeing a lot of momentum for Jokic down the stretch. Incredible season for all three. They’d be easy MVPs most years. This league is incredible.

Did you all see the Nets waived James Johnson? They had to let him go to convert Kessler Edwards from a two way to a standard contract.

Strange - he had been getting decent minutes with them all season, and was shooting 50/37% in March.

Bucks/Nets first round series is gonna be fun, I think Bucks are locked into the 2 now.

Will be funny if CP3 wins his first title because Luka got his 16th T so has to sit out the final game and as a result they get to dodge a healthy GSW

Thats weird to me. He has played a lot for them this year. And played pretty well

Will be funny if CP3 wins his first title because Luka got his 16th T so has to sit out the final game and as a result they get to dodge a healthy GSW

Though I get your point, I think it’s better to play GS earlier in playoffs at this point. Longer they advance the more time they have to gel/get everyone back

Johnson is apparently 4th in games played for Nets this year and 5th in minutes. Maybe there is something else going on there

Though I get your point, I think it’s better to play GS earlier in playoffs at this point. Longer they advance the more time they have to gel/get everyone back

Eh, I could see the Suns having problems with either Mem or GSW. I think they roll over anyone else. Would much prefer Mem and GSW to play eachother.

Do Nets fans think every rotation player should be an all-star?

Strange - he had been getting decent minutes with them all season, and was shooting 50/37% in March.

Bucks/Nets first round series is gonna be fun, I think Bucks are locked into the 2 now.

If they lose to Cleveland and Boston wins and Philly loses, they are the three seed. The Celtics have the tie break if they tie with the Bucks. The Bucks have the tie breaker over the Sixers and the tie breaker if it ends in a three way tie.

Eh, I could see the Suns having problems with either Mem or GSW. I think they roll over anyone else. Would much prefer Mem and GSW to play eachother.

Memphis is a ton of fun but I’m skeptical of them doing anything serious in the playoffs til they do it

Stat I saw on reddit: Trae Young is going to end the season #1 in total points and total assists. Interesting considering the Hawks were kind of a letdown in the regular season.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Losing Time: The Fall of the Lakers Dynasty

Memphis is a ton of fun but I’m skeptical of them doing anything serious in the playoffs til they do it

They just scored 55 in the 3rd against a Pelicans team still playing to host a play-in. I didn’t watch it but it’s hard to fathom averaging over 4.5 pts a minute playing against another team that’s trying to score in a basketball game.

The Ringer NBA had a good podcast episode on the Grizzlies. The trades that led to the current roster, picks, luck, their ceiling this playoffs, next steps, and teams who could be the next Griz (OKC and Detroit). I’m a big fan of Seerat Sohi. Knows her shit, strong takes, and she’s hot.

Last edited:
Fair to be a skeptic of the Grizzlies. Seems like the kinda team that could flame out early or win the West depending on circumstances.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Losing Time: The Fall of the Lakers Dynasty

Sure. They have one star who is a 3rd year player and a first time all-star. They’re not even that close to a big three. They’re ahead of schedule compared to a team like the Jazz who has stalled. They may have to face the full squad Clippers as well.

Back