• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Not sure how anyone can count on Zion at this point. He's missed 110 of the 195 games the Pels have played since they drafted him. Is it reasonable to think that as he gets older he's going to be more durable and reliable? He's verging on bust territory; it's not his talent, but talent is meaningless if the player is always missing games.

I like your strategy, Pilch.

cc: Zion

I'm trying to think of the Haliburton equivalent from like 10-15 years ago. A young player who came from semi-under-the-radar whose hype has perhaps gotten a little out of hand. HOF Bledsoe is an obvious candidate simply because of this board, but that's probably not fair to Hali.

Hali is a 6’5 combo guard with a smooth jumper and one of the highest basketball IQs in the league.

That’s literally the opposite of Eric Bledsoe lol

If both these guys are so good how come neither of their teams are in the playoff hunt?

Hali is a 6’5 combo guard with a smooth jumper and one of the highest basketball IQs in the league.

That’s literally the opposite of Eric Bledsoe lol
Well yeah, good thing I wasn't comparing their skillsets at all and said that isn't fair to Hali.

I really, really like Hali, but reading some of the reactions to the trade, you would think some people see this guy potentially as a top 5-10 player in the league one day, which I don't see. Just trying to think of a similar player with similar hype from the past. That's all. Carry on.

If both these guys are so good how come neither of their teams are in the playoff hunt?

LOL. The Pacers have a lot of injured dudes. It takes more than one really good player to be in the playoffs.

lol ph will think about taking bridges and a pick for an avg center

ph gonna ph

Elite defense. Pretty good offense. He's a good player. Certainly not an all star.

point taken, but still seems absurd

well i don't think it would make sense for charlotte since they don't seem close to contending and bridges still has lots of potential, but like ph said, it does seem like the spurs want a quality young player and 1st round pick and it seems there's gonna be a market for that.

Poeltl is an elite defender, great rim protector, and he's becoming a reliable offensive player. He's 26 years old in Year 2 of a 3/$26 contract. Who would be worth trading him for?

LaMelo is untouchable. Hayward and Plumlee are too old for the Spurs timeline. The Spurs already have a glut of guards. PJ Washington is solid but an undersized big. Bridges is about it. He has a high ceiling and he'd fit with the roster. Problem is the Spurs already have a guy like him.

What package would the Hornets have for Poeltl? The Spurs want a good player and a 1st for him. I'll think about Miles Bridges and a pick but Keldon Johnson should be at that level soon enough anyway.

The Spurs are a long way from contending, but they do have elite defenders at PG and C and both are scoring more now that they can't rely on DeRozan and Aldridge.

Bridges: 23 years old, 6-6, 225
Johnson: 22 years old, 6-5, 220

Bridges last season: 12.7 pts, 6.0 reb, 2.2 ast, .503 fg, .400 3pt

Bridges this season: 19.8 pts, 6.0 reb, 3.5 ast, .486 fg, .312 fg

Johnson last season: 12.8 pts, 6.0 reb, 1.8 ast, .479 fg, .331 fg

Johnson this season: 15.4 pts, 6.1 reb, 1.8 ast, .471 fg, .431 3pt

I made that post before I looked at the stats and saw Keldon is on Bridges' trajectory. Why give up a very good C for a duplicate player?

There's nobody on the Hornets worth trading Poeltl for. Again, the Spurs have a good starting point for playoff contention with Dejounte and Poeltl, elite defensive PG and C. They just need to get a legit PF, trim the roster, and need very young players to develop in Primo (19), Vassell (21), and Johnson (22). If one of them can become a better player than Murray and the other two can be quality rotation guys, that's a solid playoff team.

Now if the Hornets want Derrick White for PJ Washington, we can talk.

Last edited:
if the hornets trade for Poeltl they have to play him at PG tho

Bradley Beal is having season ending surgery on his wrist.

Not sure how anyone can count on Zion at this point. He's missed 110 of the 195 games the Pels have played since they drafted him. Is it reasonable to think that as he gets older he's going to be more durable and reliable? He's verging on bust territory; it's not his talent, but talent is meaningless if the player is always missing games.

He needs a no buffet clause in his next contract.

Celtics are up 28-2 on the Nets with 4 minutes left in 1st quarter.

I wonder if Harden would all of a sudden get healthy and play better after the deadline. He'll just be stuck competing for a championship with KD and Kyrie.

Back