• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I will pick up Royce ONeale in case Mitchell cant go tomorrow. That is quite the drop off

First day in awhile I don't care about any of the basketball games on tonight. The wife will be thrilled

I tend to agree with D14 that Okongwu and Capela are much more similar than Okongwu and Collins. But it does seem like Collins is much more likely to be traded, between the return they can get on him (over Capella) and the possible friction between him and Trae

Ph, I do agree that using Trae like Steph makes more sense than what they do with him now, but the roster is certainly not meant to do that, and barring trades, they dont have a lot of flexibility

You basically agree with me then. I never said Okongwu and Capela aren’t more similar than Okongwu and Collins. I said Okongwu could play a bigger role than he’s playing now. He is undersized at 6-8 though.

I gave Shoo Caleb Martin as a sub for Jimmy Butler last night. I believe he asked for Gabe Vincent, but Juice already had him as a sub for Lowry. I'm not sure what the rule is about multiple posters using the same sub. Vincent had 9 points, Martin had 10, so pretty much a wash. Feel free to let me know if this should be changed.

the playoffs beget a lot of small sample size arguments about players, especially narratives around clutch-ness

Giannis' game was never going to win a championship until he did; Middleton was a choker until he wasn't; Trae's game elevated in the playoffs until it didn't; and so on

the playoffs are indeed different and some of the trends are real -- e.g. the Thibs Bulls that won a ton of games in the regular season but never did anything in the postseason -- but a lot of playoff narratives are just noise

i agree 100%

on the topic of narrative, i get annoyed with the "you need XYZ to win a championship"

i definitely think there are some good practices for roster construction, like creating lineup and matchup flexibility, trying to get at least two and ideally 3 players in or around the top 25 in the league, etc.

but also we've seen big shifts in the league every 5-10 years or so to the extent that the people wanting to set a narrative based on last year are a bit narrow-minded

there are so many players now with unique skillsets that to just say roster construction must be XYZ is reductive

you can't really name a player in the league without limitations, so every narrative falls short in some way or another

also agree totally. heuristics (that probably aren’t useful anyway) get dogmatic super quickly with sports

Boogie just hit his playoff career high. 19 points. Off the bench behind the reigning MVP. At 31 years old. His career average is still 19.6.

That's messed up. And George Karl thinks Boogie owes him something?

Shame that Jokic had to get into foul trouble, they likely win that game

I mean I know you cant not play Jokic, but the hottest dude on the floor outside of him was Boogie

I mean I know you cant not play Jokic, but the hottest dude on the floor outside of him was Boogie

They’re the two most talented and skilled players on the team by far. Boogie is just well past his prime.

i went to about 20 sixers games in joel's first season in philly ('16-'17, rarely paid more than $15) and the game that sticks out the most in my memory was the game vs Sacramento where boogie had 46 and 15. he looked like the most dominant player i'd seen in person. he ran the floor so well and was just bullying people at both ends.

doesn't feel like tearing an Achilles can be reduced to being past their prime but maybe i'm nitpicking

Gary Payton II is 29 years old. He turns 30 in December. He's 3 months older than AD.

3 elimination games, plus the NFL draft. Definitely a multi-TV setup night. I know Ph is ready.

Back