• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

That could be next year's final. The Celtics need to add some offense, and the Nets need to add a lot of defense to beat a healthy Milwaukee. Phoenix blew its chance this year and could lose Ayton - still have zero idea what happened to CP3 and Booker in those last 2 games against Dallas. If Phoenix loses Ayton, then Dallas or a healthy Denver are the most likely challengers to the Warriors. Utah is a consistent playoff no show, and I don't think you can trust the Clips to stay healthy.

The Suns had a huge COVID outbreak.

A healthy Bucks are the East favorite but a lot of East teams could improve this offseason and challenge them, most notably the Nets, Sixers, Heat, and Celtics.

Final results of the playoffs points contest:

1. Shooshmoo, 2082
2. JuiceCrewAllStar, 1934
3. bmoneydeac, 1802
4. Dali Llama, 1447
5. DeacdeTejas, 1430
6. plama, 1421
7. PhDeac, 1297
8. TenaciousKory, 1099
9. IAppreciateIt, 979
10. TownieDeac, 875

looks like i woulda won if not for the middleton injury

The Suns had a huge COVID outbreak.

A healthy Bucks are the East favorite but a lot of East teams could improve this offseason and challenge them, most notably the Nets, Sixers, Heat, and Celtics.

Will never believe in the Nets as long as Kyrie is on the roster. Will never believe that any team with James Harden on the roster is a title contender. FWIW, the Nets and Celtics are the current favorite to win the East. Bucks are the third choice.

Here are the NBA teams with less than 10 to 1 odds to win the title next year:

Nets 6 to 1
Celtics 6 to 1
Warriors 6 to 1
Clippers 6 to 1
Bucks 7.5 to 1
Suns 9 to 1

FWIW, think the Grizz will be the team to watch next year.

Will never believe in the Nets as long as Kyrie is on the roster. Will never believe that any team with James Harden on the roster is a title contender. FWIW, the Nets and Celtics are the current favorite to win the East. Bucks are the third choice.

Nets 6 to 1
Celtics 6 to 1
Warriors 6 to 1
Clippers 6 to 1
Bucks 7.5 to 1
Suns 9 to 1

I absolutely agree.

If Morant becomes a legit 3 pt. shooter and Jackson can learn how to stay out of foul trouble, then they can be a title threat. I'm also interested to see how they manage their roster this summer.

isn't memphis owner like top three wealthy in the league and has openly committed to spending big?

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Dubs win 4th Championship in 8 years; Steph MVP

isn't memphis owner like top three wealthy in the league and has openly committed to spending big?

I think so but that doesn’t mean they’ll go big and try to land a star. They have a lot of flexibility right now. They could stand pat or make a big move.

Last edited:

Nets 6 to 1
Celtics 6 to 1
Warriors 6 to 1
Clippers 6 to 1
Bucks 7.5 to 1
Suns 9 to 1

Bucks being behind the Nets and Celtics doesn't compute for me. What's the logic there? Giannis is gonna be the best player in the league for the next 2-3 years.

Bucks being behind the Nets and Celtics doesn't compute for me. What's the logic there? Giannis is gonna be the best player in the league for the next 2-3 years.

Completely agree. Plus they’ve got a legit 2 and 3 options in Middleton and Jrue, some good role players, and most importantly they’ve won before.

Completely agree. Plus they’ve got a legit 2 and 3 options in Middleton and Jrue, some good role players, and most importantly they’ve won before.

Likewise agree completely. Nets have no depth, no Mike D'Antoni, a Kyrie problem, a Joe Harris about to undergo yet another surgery, and at least three better teams ahead of them in the East.

Crazy stat.

Kevon Looney is 10-58 from deep as a pro.

He was 22-53 (.415) in his one year at UCLA.

If he can resurrect that part of his game, the next gen Warriors will be hard to beat.

Atkinson not going to Charlotte after all.

Back