• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I was really confused when I saw the JC for Murray rumor. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

PhDeac has moved on to finding a way to get Jake LaRavia to San Antonio.

This is correct. I think Jake would be a better fit for the Spurs' current roster.

JC did well as an undersized C before Capela. He was the leading scorer Trae's rookie season. He's struggled a bit as a true PF in an era that doesn't really use true PFs. If he can improve his defense and create more offense off the dribble along with his good PNR and rim running, he should be fine at the 4 long-term.

I was really confused when I saw the JC for Murray rumor. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

It doesn't. I think it's a combination of a few things.

--The Hawks want to trade JC
--The Spurs wanted JC as a FA last season
--The Hawks need a lead guard who allows Trae to move off the ball and can score when Trae is on the bench
--The Spurs are rumored to be open to a Jrue-like package for Dejounte

Keep in mind, any team would be open to a Jrue-like package for all but maybe 15-20 players. The Pels got two good players, three first-round picks, and two pick swaps. And Dejounte could definitely be the 3rd option on a good team.

Lakers acquire the Orlando's 2nd pick (#32) for a future 2nd round pick. Lakers had previously traded both of their picks in the 2022 draft. In addition to the #1 overall pick (which might be dealt for multiple picks before the draft), the Magic have Indiana's second round pick (#35).

According to the Athletic the Kings are trying to acquire Collins', but they aren't offering the #4 pick. Man, sending to JC to Sacramento would almost be like Collins going to play in Europe.

Last edited:
For those that like watching train-wrecks, Kyrie to the Lakers would be entertaining.

any speculation on who Brooklyn is targeting as a top running mate for KD if Kyrie goes?

man - another warriors chip and another "super team" falling apart around him are not good for durant's legacy

All this because his feet were just a little too big

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Dubs win 4th Championship; NBA Draft on Thurs

where would KD even go?

home to DC and play with BB?

This is my question.

But imagine how this looks for the Nets.

2018-19 - Promising young playoff team with Russell, Dinwiddie, Levert, Harris, and Allen

2021-22 - KD, Kyrie, and Harden

2022-23 - Ben Simmons and ????

Last edited:

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Dubs win 4th Championship; NBA Draft on Thurs

Who would they get to play with Ben Simmons?

Who would sign to play with a guy who doesn’t want to play?

KD to Memphis for a poopoo platter of good young players and picks could work.

KD for Miles Bridges, Plumlee, #13 and #15 this year and next year's 1st

Back