• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

If Rod Boone is correct, then the Hornets made a terrible trade. That reeks of trying to clear cap space, so that they can take on a big contract. Westbrook maybe? Deandre Ayton?

Otherwise, the Hornets got fleeced by the Pistons... not sure it gets much worse than that. Denver's 1st round pick is going to be lower than the one you just made. Bad deal.

----- just announced, trade with the Knicks

Oh my God ... even worse! They lost a trade with the Knicks. At least, the Knicks pick will be worse than Denver's.

the knicks traded us denver's 2023 first and 4 2nd round picks for number 13

the knicks then immediately traded #13 and kemba to detroit for milwaukee's 2025 first

the knicks made the same trade as the hornets basically right after but instead of 4 2nd round picks they got kemba off their books

what in the absolute fuck was that hornets trade

that is actually somehow worse than trading Kobe

Essentially turned drafting Devonte Graham in the second round into the #13 pick, which is great work. But now essentially are back in the position where we have five dice rolls to see if we can even come up with somebody of Graham's caliber, when the second-round (or late first-round) hit rate is pretty low. All wasted

ugh - maybe the worst trade i can remember in a looooooooooooooooong time

ill say if not having a rookie lottery salary on the roster means we will now match the max offer someone is going to give miles then i can be okay with it

ill say if not having a rookie lottery salary on the roster means we will now match the max offer someone is going to give miles then i can be okay with it

it is going to really be a buttfuck when it's detroit's max that we have to match

I don't know why the Spurs took Kennedy Chandler when Tre Jones looked good at the end of the season. The front office seems to key in on certain types of players and keep drafting them over and over again. Seems like they just drafted Vassell, Walker, and Jones over again.

LOL. Traded to Memphis. Memphis was one player away and they'd acquired like 20 dudes tonight.

Last edited:
spurs in that really tough no man's land of the nba.... borderline playoff team with no superstar

What doesn't make sense to me is that every trade made by all of the teams behind the Hornets got a better return for the trade than the Hornets did (with a worse draft pick than Hornets had used). Clearly ineptitude in the Hornets front office. Not sure if this comes from the top (MJ) or if Kupchack is really that bad at his job.

spurs in that really tough no man's land of the nba.... borderline playoff team with no superstar

Yeah. It's the worst place to be. Seems like they're trying to draft guards with upside because it's a guards league, but they need to complete a rotation.

What doesn't make sense to me is that every trade made by all of the teams behind the Hornets got a better return for the trade than the Hornets did (with a worse draft pick than Hornets had used). Clearly ineptitude in the Hornets front office. Not sure if this comes from the top (MJ) or if Kupchack is really that bad at his job.

yuuuuuuuuup

wolves got more for jake at 19 (much higher than projected) than the hornets got for duren at 13 (much lower than projected)

Pretty garbage second round picks too, Utah, NYK and either Dallas or Miami. Not like we're looking at a bunch of picks in the 30s

Feels like the Knicks are doing everything wrong when they're moving heaven and earth to get Jalen Brunson.

He's a good player, but he shouldn't be THE FA target of the offseason.

Feels like the Knicks are doing everything wrong when they're moving heaven and earth to get Jalen Brunson.

He's a good player, but he shouldn't be THE FA target of the offseason.

Not to mention everyone else thinks he is staying in Dallas. It would very Knicks whether they get him or not at this point

The Hornets, Knicks, and Grizz have made some confusing moves. The Grizz have a lot of flexibility this offseason and can get away with pretty much anything.

Not to mention everyone else thinks he is staying in Dallas. It would very Knicks whether they get him or not at this point

I guess. Going to a team without a legit PG would be a good move for Brunson. There aren't that many spots left. But the Knicks just aren't an attractive roster or franchise.

Back