• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

LaRavia was what the spurs hoped Luka Samanavic would develop into.

#spursdonkyellsatcloud

I don’t understand how you can say that about a team that missed the playoffs. They aren’t there yet no matter how much you love the guys.

They need time and game experience to develop who they have, not more players to develop. Other than an ERP which hopefully they just drafted and can potentially further shore up via trade or FA.

They aren't there yet because their best player is 20 years old and was never coached, and they've surrounded him with young talent that needs experience to get better. One of those supporting players developed enough to warrant close to a max contract. Give the other guys they have on the roster who have shown flashes a chance to see how they turn out - Kai Jones, Bouknight, Thor, PJ, McDaniels, Martin, etc. Even Rozier is still getting better, and obviously LaMelo and Bridges who need a lot of PT. Throwing more bodies on the team right now to fight for that game experience does nothing. I'd rather save that extra pick for a year or two out to know if one of the guys they have doesn't work out. Adding someone else now just furthers the unknowns.

So are the Hornets going to bring back Kemba?

You don't give away an asset for nothing. It's that simple.

Pretty sad people are willing to rationalize away dumbass decisions like this to justify their support for this crap franchise, but in reality there are plenty of (and too many) 2&2s out there

Did any other players get traded last night besides DeAnthony Melton and Danny Green? Not counting trades that were unofficial before last night.

Steve Clifford to return as Hornets head coach. Wow. What a joke.

Dig deep enough and you'll find a wellman bat signal to get his advice.

ugh i can't do this with the hornets

are they the worst run franchise in the nba now?

You're saying that about a franchise that literally traded away Kobe Bryant. This trade was fine. They don't need more developmental guys, they don't have room to play the ones they already have.

i actually think the kobe trade was better than the duren trade

ugh i can't do this with the hornets

are they the worst run franchise in the nba now?

Maybe in sports. But the Kings are still around.

Can you imagine how bad the Hornets would be if the Warriors had just taken LaMelo and just figured it out?

I can understand the roster moves, but this hire is indefensible. Clifford is about as uninspiring as it gets, it kills the momentum of the exciting young team. As a coach he is fine, but he is obviously a step down from Borrego, and this all but ensures that LaMelo will leave. They should have taken any of the assistant coaches over him. Even fucking D'Antoni would have been a better hire than this.

As I said when they let Borrego go, absent a [Redacted]/Manning complete disgrace you never fire a coach unless you already have a better one lined up. What a shitshow. The only bright side is it probably means Kemba comes back.

There's too much chatter out there about a JC for Dejounte trade to ignore it. I'm just making myself sad. It doesn't make sense for a franchise to draft a 19 year old kid, make him a face of the franchise, take 6 years to develop him into an All-Star PG, and then trade him to presumably rely on another 19 year old PG.

Steve Clifford to return as Hornets head coach. Wow. What a joke.

Pretty telling when you have to bring back a guy with a losing record because you can’t convince NBA assistants to take a head coaching job.

I can understand the roster moves, but this hire is indefensible. Clifford is about as uninspiring as it gets, it kills the momentum of the exciting young team. As a coach he is fine, but he is obviously a step down from Borrego, and this all but ensures that LaMelo will leave. They should have taken any of the assistant coaches over him. Even fucking D'Antoni would have been a better hire than this.

As I said when they let Borrego go, absent a [Redacted]/Manning complete disgrace you never fire a coach unless you already have a better one lined up. What a shitshow. The only bright side is it probably means Kemba comes back.

Is Kemba coming back a bright spot? His best years are behind him yet he will still require a big $ contract, no?

no 32 year old washed kemba will not require a big salary, but he is likely headed to the lakers

Back