• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

he has a worse career eFG% than Westbrook and hasn't played more than half the season since 2016-17

he's #raleightough like PJ Tucker so we'll see -- but I'm not gonna believe it til I see it

If I'm the Clippers, even if he is healthy I would manage his load by not playing him at all until like 4 weeks before the playoffs then roll him out for the stretch run and postseason. It is the same thing the Hornets should be doing with Gordo assuming he is not traded, and the Pelicans with Zion. You know you are only getting half a season out of those guys, make it the important half.

Looking like the Knicks are going all in on Jalen Brunson. Knicks are trying to rid themselves of some roster baggage (Taj Gibson, Alec Burks and Nerlens Noel) to offer Brunson 4 years for $131 million. Brunson had a break out year, but not sure if he's a $30 million a year player, but then again it's the Knicks doing this.

Also, Suns make a QO to Ayton; Pistons also issue a QO to Bagley.

Last edited:
he has a worse career eFG% than Westbrook and hasn't played more than half the season since 2016-17

he's #raleightough like PJ Tucker so we'll see -- but I'm not gonna believe it til I see it

depends on how much of his game will rely on bounce imo

Looking like the Knicks are going all in on Jalen Brunson. Knicks are trying to rid themselves of some roster baggage (Taj Gibson, Alec Burks and Nerlens Noel) to offer Brunson 4 years for $131 million. Brunson had a break out year, but not sure if he's a $30 million a year player, but then again it's the Knicks doing this.

Also, Suns make a QO to Ayton; Pistons also issue a QB to Bagley.

Knicks know they have Mavs in a tough place too. Lukas extension alone puts Mavs over cap which means if they lose Brunson they can only replace him with a taxpayer MLE. So if Knicks really want him, overpaying him makes sense

But it’s also most Knicks thing ever to shit the draft and overpay Brunson to fill out the offseason

feels like a lose-lose where his loss will hurt the Mavs more than it helps the Knicks

The NBA and NBAPA are partnering with Niantic to develop a mobile augmented reality game like Pokemon Go.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/28/23185384/nba-all-world-ar-location-game-niantic-pokemon-go

There are a few elements to the overall experience. There’s swipe-based one-on-one basketball, where you can go up against other players at basketball courts on your map, kind of like heading to a gym in Pokémon Go. This includes a leaderboard so you can be the best at a particular location. You’ll also be able to collect real-world NBA players by encountering and beating them on the map — it sounds a bit like the ultimate team feature in FIFA — and customize them with gear and in-game boosts. Niantic also says the game will have some location-based storytelling elements tied to the hometowns of NBA stars.
Much like the studio’s other releases, one of the game’s goals is to get players outside being active. “Location matters,” Matthews says. “So what you won’t be able to do is to sit at home and play remotely against your friend that’s in another city.”

I have a friend who is a big NBA fan and plays Pokemon Go. This is perfect for him. My oldest son knows nothing about the NBA but loves Pokemon Go. Maybe this could get him interested.

Jazz are expected to hire Celts' assistant Will Hardy as their HC. Hardy is young, 34, and started as a video coordinator for the Spurs.

45OOCSTOEZBORHTGZOEE4LDATQ.jpg

The Jazz are hiring Celtics assistant Will Hardy as head coach. Yet another coach from the Pop coaching tree.

Hardy and our current football coach are both Williams College grads.

Hardy and our current football coach are both Williams College grads.

Hardy and Tim Duncan were hired as Spurs assistant coaches the same year.
https://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-announce-assistant-coach-updates

SAN ANTONIO (July 22, 2019) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that Will Hardy and Tim Duncan will be added to Gregg Popovich’s bench as assistant coaches.

Hardy first joined the Spurs as a basketball operations intern in 2010 after graduating from Williams College.

“Will Hardy is a talented, young basketball mind who has earned a great deal of respect from everyone in the organization thanks to his knowledge, spirit and personality,” said Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich.

Duncan, a 1997 Wake Forest graduate, played 19 seasons with the Spurs before retiring in the summer of 2016.

“It is only fitting, that after I served loyally for 19 years as Tim Duncan’s assistant, that he returns the favor,” said Popovich.

feels like a lose-lose where his loss will hurt the Mavs more than it helps the Knicks

I think this is true.

Also Marc Stein is reporting that Clippers are trying to get Nerlens Noel and possibly Mavs 2023 pick from Knicks. Thats a hell of a chess move if true. It helps Knicks clear cap space so the Mavs have no S&T leverage, and weakens Mavs

I mean I like Brunson and all, but this is a lot of work to get a guy who isn't going to help that roster enough. I also think the Mavs will be just fine without him. They'll obviously need a guard who can create offense but I think they'll be able to get one.

I mean I like Brunson and all, but this is a lot of work to get a guy who isn't going to help that roster enough. I also think the Mavs will be just fine without him. They'll obviously need a guard who can create offense but I think they'll be able to get one.

I think I am with Juice that this hurts Mavs more than helps Knicks. If I am a Knicks fan Im pissed at this.

Mavs dont have lots of latitude via free agency to make moves other than vet mins and the TMLE. But they can definitely get by until next year when some of their contracts clear. Plus they have a little more ammo now to trade. I think Mavs will ultimately be fine as you say

Brunson at 20+ a year scares me

Brunson feels like a top tier first guy off the bench/game finisher that #contenders have

you are not a #contender if you're paying top money to start Brunson though

Back