• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Brunson feels like a top tier first guy off the bench/game finisher that #contenders have

you are not a #contender if you're paying top money to start Brunson though

I agree. Although if you asked me to explain why Jalen Brunson won't be as good a starter as Fred VanVleet, I don't have a good answer for you.

I mean yeah. We all know that's the pitch. PG isn't like QB. It's not like pitching Steve Young he doesn't have to sit behind Joe Montana. Luka is versatile enough to make it work. I think Brunson will go to the Knicks but it's not a no-brainer.

The Knicks trade Nerlens Noel, Alec Burks, 2023 2nd rounder (from Detroit), and a 2024 2nd rounder (from Miami), and $6M to the Pistons. Not sure what the Knicks are getting back or if this is somehow wrapped into the draft day deal.

they are clearing the decks for a jalen brunson max offer like hes 2010 lebron and its hilarious

detroit has enough cap space so salaries dont have to match so im pretty sure its just a perfunctory 2nd they are getting back

Yeah. Looks like they're counting on Noel and Burks to mentor the young players. The Pistons have been this active in awhile. They've got a few interesting young players, but they still seem quite a way away from the playoffs. I do give them credit for trying instead of just tanking again.

feels like a pretty knicksian move

also I saw that all these guys the knicks are giving up assets and cash to offload to open up space are dudes they just re-signed last summer to multiyear deals

this makes it hard (impossible?) for detroit to offer miles bridges a max RFA sheet now so i like this

id also assume they are throwing in the towel for ayton

this makes it hard (impossible?) for detroit to offer miles bridges a max RFA sheet now so i like this

id also assume they are throwing in the towel for ayton

Yeah plus Kupchak said the Hornets will match whatever for Bridges, so I don't think the Pistons would want to tie up cap space for the Hornets to sit on it for a week to fuck with them before matching if the Pistons are looking at any other targets.

I could see Noel and Duren being used as part of a sign and trade for Ayton though.

looks like FVV and Brunson will sign nearly identical contracts

FVV better on the advanced metrics and defense -- why the Raptors are for real and the Knicks are not

Ish on the move again. Denver bound

The deal:

Nuggets get:

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Ish

Wiz get:

Monte Morris
Will Barton

Wiz Coach Wes Unseld Jr. was an assistant at Denver before getting the Washington job last year; so, is very familiar with these two Nugs players.

Monte and Barton were pretty good for the Nugs last year.

I don't really get that deal at all for Denver.

They wanted a true PG I guess. It doesn't make sense talent-wise. Monte and Will the thrill can get buckets off the bench behind a healthy Nuggets starting lineup.

Back