• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Chet is way skinnier than those guys but he'll be fine.

Yeah. Chet is way skinnier than that. Dirk was 6-10/237 at the combine. KD was 6-9/215. Giannis was 6-9/196.

Chet was listed at 7-0/195. He didn't participate in the combine.

Damnit - so Dallas and Mucius didn't make NBA summer league rosters? I think I saw that Dallas had been working out with the team in Denver.

Dallas is playing in the TBT for the East TN State team. They are coached by WF assistant Joe Hughley

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Summer League

Damnit - so Dallas and Mucius didn't make NBA summer league rosters? I think I saw that Dallas had been working out with the team in Denver.

Dallas had a few workouts for teams but didn’t get picked up for Summer League. Check out the Pro Hoops Deacs thread for more info.

Jake has 4 points in 17 min so far against the Jazz on NBA TV. Had a nice dunk after I started watching.

Banchero vs Jabari Smith coming up at 10 on ESPN.

Last edited:
Banchero looks REAL nice so far. He's got 15/0/5 early in the 3rd. It's obviously super early, but he and Chet look legit.

Smith is struggling so far.

Smith finished with 10/7/3. Banchero had 17/4/6

Ivey/Duren vs. Sharpe on now.

Nice alley-oop from Ivey to Duren to start the game.

Last edited:
How common is it for someone at the star level of Ja to be sitting at every summer league game?

How common is it for someone at the star level of Ja to be sitting at every summer league game?

Sitting in the stands in Vegas? Common.

Sitting on or near the bench in Salt Lake City? Not common.

If they pointed out that SGA or Mitchell or Embiid was at SLC, I missed it.

My respect for Ja and Memphis has gone up. Memphis had a deep roster and it looks like they drafted really well and should have some good two-way and Exhibit 10 guys.

Surprised to see Isaiah Stewart and Killian Hayes playing for the Pistons. Both are third year guys who have gotten plenty of NBA playing time.

Completely missed that the Pistons let Luka Garza go. He's with the Blazers and looks much trimmer than he did in college.

Last edited:
I only watched the first quarter of that game. Duren had some athletic dunks but that was it. Looks like he didn't play much more than that. He had 9 pts in 12 min.

Ivey looked real good when I saw him. He had 20/6/6 for the game.

I only watched the first quarter of that game. Duren had some athletic dunks but that was it. Looks like he didn't play much more than that. He had 9 pts in 12 min.

Ivey looked real good when I saw him. He had 20/6/6 for the game.

I fell asleep at halftime so I guess Ivey turned it around? Had a rough time with the double team that got thrown at him.

That Jalen Duren trade looking even worse, good grief.

Because he scored 9 points in a summer league game? Relax dude, our guy hasn't even played yet. Hell, the lovechild of Kenny Lofton and Sean May dropped like 19 the other night. Stats in this thing are pretty meaningless (admittedly until Kai Jones puts up 25 and 15 tonight).

feels like being good in summer league doesn't mean much

but being bad is a red flag

Yes. Like any other sort of preseason exhibition. A very good Summer League player probably belongs in the NBA, but it's not clear if they're a bench contributor, rotation guy, starter, or a potential All-Star except for the top picks who already have high expectations. 20 and 10 from Banchero or Chet is different than 20 and 10 from Paul Reed.

Bad news for Spurs fans. Sochan is out of Summer League. He tested positive for COVID and they don't want to overdo his recovery. Hopefully some of the other young bigs on the roster show some promise.

Doris had an interesting stat last night. Only 50% of players drafted 11-30 become rotation players. Not sure how they defined rotation, but that stat seems legit.

feels like being good in summer league doesn't mean much

but being bad is a red flag

i feel like the Blazers are gonna hide Sharpe, speaking of

Smith struggling doesn't really worry me too much

it was a first summer league game and he was trying to do too much

all of the intangibles are there and he really looked good on defense

he's still my #1 prospect in this draft

looks like harden signed a 2 year deal for $32 mil after declining his $47 mil option. Player option in YR2. I'd expect Harden to be in shape next season probably playing for one more big contract, Sixers could be good.

Back