• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Or injured. Maybe a team with a healthy Brogdon, Haliburton, Hield, and Warren could reach that level, but they blew it up.

I thought we'd hear more official word on this by now.

coulda been leaked as imminent to try and get Brooklyn to move

Wouldn't Utah's fanbase revolt if you're trading Donovan for Ben Simmons.

IIRC CP3 is very close with Rudy Gay, I can see him wanting him

if i am potentially moving to phoenix in the next month or so, do i like this trade?

why in the world would Utah do that?

I guess if you're gonna tank and need salary to hit the payroll floor then Ben Simmons is about as good as it's gonna get

The Nets would own the next few drafts. If Utah is tanking, I would think they would want more picks.

Don’t think the Suns would do any deal where they lose all 3 of Bridges, Johnson, AND Ayton.

Rudy Gay will be 36 on Aug 17. How much does he have left?

ETA:
Durant turns 34 in Sep.

Suns would get old quick with those three. 30, 34, 36 during the 22-23 season.

Last edited:
Rudy Gay will be 36 on Aug 17. How much does he have left?

ETA:
Durant turns 34 in Sep.

Suns would get old quick with those three. 30, 34, 36 during the 22-23 season.

I guess they think it could be worth it to get a ring or 2. But yeah, seems to me that the Nets are making out great and that a couple of those picks should be going to Utah.

i see we're still discussing the absurd LemonPepperLoth tweet

We can discuss the big news from the board of governors. Take fouls will be a FT by any player on the court + possession. Basically turning take fouls into a tech. I think it's hilarious that the league invented a new type of foul that essentially didn't exist.

The play-in is permanent. I thought it already was.

The midseason tournament is likely in 2023-24. The format will lead to an 8 team single-elimination tournament. The discussed prize is $1 million a player. I'm not sure how they will make this work and get total buy-in from coaches and players.

I dig the midseason tournament, though I withhold the right to recant once I see the whole format

I dig the midseason tournament, though I withhold the right to recant once I see the whole format

I don't dig the midseason tournament, though I withhold the right to recant once I see the whole format. Here's what I'd like to see.

Time: I've seen different reasons to do the tournament centered around increasing interest in the regular season. If that's the goal, it would be best to do the tournament before Christmas Day which isn't really midseason. A November tournament clashes with the heart of NFL and college football season as well. If they did want to do midseason at an ideal time for TV, it would be best to do it after the Super Bowl. But then it would be right before the All-Star break anyway and after the midpoint of the season. Between Christmas Day and the Super Bowl means the NBA tournament would run alongside the CFP and NFL Playoffs. I think it should be all at once over 12-14 days. Sprinkling pool games into the regular season would minimize the excitement.

Location: I've seen that it will be a neutral site for the Final Four, but this should be an opportunity for fans outside the area to see legit NBA basketball. I'd put every game except the Final Four at mid-size to large markets that don't have an NBA team like Tampa, Raleigh, and Baltimore. Pool play would be three sets of back to back games in one city in three nights at 8 sites. The round of 16 would be 3 games each at 4 sites or 6 games each at 2 sites. That gives 10 or 11 host cities. I'm sure they'd want to put Final Four at an enclosed football stadium and those are mostly in NBA cities anyway.

Format: I'd like to see 32 teams, 8 pools. 30 NBA teams + preferably 2 top international teams or if that doesn't work the top 2 G-League teams or G-League West and East all-stars. That would add some real cinderellas into the mix.

Seeding: Top 8 teams by record randomly slotted into spot A, next 8 teams randomly slotted into spot B, next 8 into slot C, bottom 6 and other two teams into slot D for 8 pools. Top 2 in each pool advance to single-elimination.

Prize: Tradable #15 pick in the upcoming draft (the first round would now have 31 picks). $10M per player on the championship team. Regular game checks for everyone else. Winner takes all.

Last edited:

The tweet says "in NBA history" yet the graph says it is of current NBA rosters. It would surprise me if there weren't 7 footers that skinny back in the 60s and 70s before any weight training became prominent. Twitter is such a cesspool.

Back