• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

The tweet says "in NBA history" yet the graph says it is of current NBA rosters. It would surprise me if there weren't 7 footers that skinny back in the 60s and 70s before any weight training became prominent. Twitter is such a cesspool.

Manute Bol, 7-7, 201 says "where's my spot?"

The chart is historical. For example, it says there have been some 6-11 players under 200 but no current 6-11 players weigh less than 215.

durant is defs 7-foot plus and gets listed at 6'10" and he's listed at 240 lbs

sub-200 for that height is really freaking skinny

Chet looked better than I expected though -- I'm coming around that he could be good good

Rudy Gay will be 36 on Aug 17. How much does he have left?

ETA:
Durant turns 34 in Sep.

Suns would get old quick with those three. 30, 34, 36 during the 22-23 season.
Yea, the more I think about this the more I just don't see a way that a KD trade solves the Suns' problems without simultaneously exacerbating their depth and age issues.

Chris is already at an age which demands "load management" considerations, and sacrificing the Suns' wing depth to assemble a big 3 two of whom are in their mid-to-late 30s just doesn't feel like a recipe for deep playoff success.

Someone mentioned it on a podcast--perhaps Nate Duncan or John Hollinger--but the era of grabbing 3 stars and filling in around them with minimum guys feels less and less doable given how much the style of play has evolved in the last 5-10 years. Way more possessions, much more off-ball movement, much faster pace, more ball movement, etc. Chris is already at an age where he really doesn't guard the other team's point guard as his primary assignment, and that trajectory is only going to escalate from here on out as he continues to age.

Yea, the more I think about this the more I just don't see a way that a KD trade solves the Suns' problems without simultaneously exacerbating their depth and age issues.

Chris is already at an age which demands "load management" considerations, and sacrificing the Suns' wing depth to assemble a big 3 two of whom are in their mid-to-late 30s just doesn't feel like a recipe for deep playoff success.

Someone mentioned it on a podcast--perhaps Nate Duncan or John Hollinger--but the era of grabbing 3 stars and filling in around them with minimum guys feels less and less doable given how much the style of play has evolved in the last 5-10 years. Way more possessions, much more off-ball movement, much faster pace, more ball movement, etc. Chris is already at an age where he really doesn't guard the other team's point guard as his primary assignment, and that trajectory is only going to escalate from here on out as he continues to age.

That's one thought. The other thought is that style worked for prime Lebron and no one else.

That's one thought. The other thought is that style worked for prime Lebron and no one else.

Similar to how the 5-out or 4-1 style has worked for the Warriors and no one else. Yet everyone thinks it is the new normal, despite themselves not happening to have the greatest shooter in NBA history and another guy who is probably a top-10 shooter.

Unrelated, the Hornets did not pull Miles Bridges' qualifying offer prior to the deadline. Which makes business sense, as it is under $8 mil for next year and he obviously had no higher offers. They will keep his rights to see how the legal process plays out and/or if the league suspends him and go from there.

Similar to how the 5-out or 4-1 style has worked for the Warriors and no one else. Yet everyone thinks it is the new normal, despite themselves not happening to have the greatest shooter in NBA history and another guy who is probably a top-10 shooter.

Unrelated, the Hornets did not pull Miles Bridges' qualifying offer prior to the deadline. Which makes business sense, as it is under $8 mil for next year and he obviously had no higher offers. They will keep his rights to see how the legal process plays out and/or if the league suspends him and go from there.
Worked pretty well for the Mavericks, though I take your point generally.

I don't have much to offer to this conversation, but felt the need to post my surprise that Mitchell is still only 25 years old. I would have guessed 27 or 28.

Ayton just signed a max offer sheet with the Pacers. If the Suns let him go for nothing I might have to give up on being a sports fan.

After the epic Jazz/Nugs bubble series I was convinced Mitchell and Murray were gonna be the next big thing. A little bummed that never materialized. I think people are a little low on Mitchell right now, although I’m not sure how going to the Knicks or Nets is gonna help him change that

It will be interesting to see how Brunson, Dejounte, and maybe Mitchell going from the West to East impacts the league overall.

Ayton just signed a max offer sheet with the Pacers. If the Suns let him go for nothing I might have to give up on being a sports fan.

I read that if they match they can’t trade him for 6 months? KD’s options just took a hit.

I think people are a little low on Mitchell right now, although I’m not sure how going to the Knicks or Nets is gonna help him change that

he never got over losing RotY to Ben Simmons

DadXc5_UQAAUygd

LOL. Hadn't thought about that in years. "Rookie" of the Year Ben Simmons. Dude has always been a fraud.

After the epic Jazz/Nugs bubble series I was convinced Mitchell and Murray were gonna be the next big thing. A little bummed that never materialized. I think people are a little low on Mitchell right now, although I’m not sure how going to the Knicks or Nets is gonna help him change that

that team kinda had Thibs Bulls regular season warrior vibes to them

after a couple of good seeds without anything to show for it, felt like they sort of just gave up on the roster they had

think the Joe Ingles injury then trade is underrated too

I think the Jazz is doing the right thing. They've been trying to do the same thing and come up short in the playoffs for a few seasons now. I don't know if the front office decided to rebuild before or after Snyder resigned, but they had to set it in motion after that. They got four picks and four solid players from the T-Wolves. If they can get something like Barrett and 3 picks for Mitchell, they're well on their way to a good rebuild. They could probably also get some assets for Conley, Clarkson, and Bojan.

wow - going from daydreaming about turner, hield, and mcconnell to nothing in return would be a kick in the nuts

Back