• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

damn, either I wasn't paying attention or it's new info but child abuse charges for Bridges on top of what he did to his wife

apparently that's a common associated charge when you beat your spouse in front of your child

i'm generally a sucker for hoops clips and tik toks or whatever that make up a good number of my targeted social media "you might like" posts but I have zero interest in Bronny James' highlights that make up a noticeable portion of them

Same. I’ll watch random dudes dunk or random girls hit step back jumpers but I have no interest in Bronny highlights.

The Hornets are fucked either way with this Bridges situation. He'll serve a league suspension and possible some jail or probation time.

If they release him, post-suspension someone like the Heat will sign him as a reclamation project and be praised for turning his life around. He'll be the #2 or #3 option on their championship team.

If the Hornets keep him as their own reclamation project, they get killed by the fans.

just cut bridges - i don't want to see him on the hornets again

fuck bridges

bob voulgaris bought a soccer team

Just learned the Kings are undefeated in playoff games against every active NBA player

just cut bridges - i don't want to see him on the hornets again

fuck bridges

I understand the sentiment, but if guys like Rondo, Jason Kidd, Darren Collison, etc. are any example, Bridges will be back playing at some point as reformed individual. So do you keep his contract rights to make sure it isn't for someone else? Or let him be the comeback story for another team?

Even if it hurts the Hornets from a roster and wins standpoint this season or in the future, you have to punt Bridges. Bad luck for Hornets no doubt, but it is what it is and Bridges is a despicable person and you have to cut ties.

Bridges should never play in the NBA again. Unfortunately, like others he probably will. Maybe, getting cut helps him change. Maybe not. Think you have to try though.

I understand the sentiment, but if guys like Rondo, Jason Kidd, Darren Collison, etc. are any example, Bridges will be back playing at some point as reformed individual. So do you keep his contract rights to make sure it isn't for someone else? Or let him be the comeback story for another team?

1. I think the attitude toward domestic violence continues to shift toward harsher punishments for domestic violence in the court of public opinion

2. I don't know the answer to this, but were any of those guys charged with felonies?

1. I think the attitude toward domestic violence continues to shift toward harsher punishments for domestic violence in the court of public opinion

2. I don't know the answer to this, but were any of those guys charged with felonies?

I don't know either, but I would imagine the ultimate issue will be the charge that he actually pleads to. I would imagine that will not be a felony. That's not to say he is not guilty of a felony, but just that a guy with his kind of money and (what I understand) is a clean record will probably figure out a plea to a misdemeanor charge.

i'm sure the child abuse charge will really supercharge that comeback narrative

I don't know either, but I would imagine the ultimate issue will be the charge that he actually pleads to. I would imagine that will not be a felony. That's not to say he is not guilty of a felony, but just that a guy with his kind of money and (what I understand) is a clean record will probably figure out a plea to a misdemeanor charge.

On Kidd's legal trouble:

• In January 2001, Kidd was arrested for hitting his now ex-wife Joumana. He pleaded guilty to spousal abuse and was fined $200 and ordered to take anger management training. He was eventually traded to the Nets.

On Collison's legal trouble

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento Kings point guard Darren Collison pleaded guilty Friday to misdemeanor domestic battery from a May incident and issued a statement apologizing to a woman he said he has known and loved since high school.

On Rondo's legal trouble

WASHINGTON - Cleveland Cavaliers guard Rajon Rondo is accused of pulling a gun on the mother of his children and threatening to kill her during an argument inside their Louisville home on May 11, TMZ first reported Monday.

Ashley Bachelor, Rondo’s former partner and mother of his two children, filed for an emergency protective order against him on May 13 following the incident. The Cavaliers star has not been named a suspect or arrested, according to TMZ.

I know it's tough

but sometimes you just have to say no to the dude who choked his wife in front of his kid

Back