• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

social media saying Mitchell trade is imminent but no details

I’m bored, let’s do this

From general internet research, it looks like:

1. Jason Kidd pled guilty to get the charges down to a misdemeanor spousal abuse. He got no suspension from the NBA. The Suns traded him to the Nets, where he played all 82 games that year and then lead them to the NBA Finals in back to back seasons.
2. Rondo is currently subject to a protective order for pointing a gun at his babymama and threatening to kill her with it in front of their kids. This was just last month, it doesn't look like any criminal charges have been filed yet.
3. Darren Collison plead down to misdemeanor domestic battery, served 20 days in jail, was suspended 8 games by the NBA, then back on the court.
4. Jaxon Hayes was charged with 12 misdemeanors from a domestic violence incident in January, including corporal injury to a spouse and false imprisonment. As far as I know he played all season.

Assuming Bridges pleads down to misdemeanors, based on precedent he'll be back sometime this season. Just cutting him and letting him walk, when this is likely over and forgotten about by the All Star Break, is really tough for the franchise. Especially if someone else picks him up right away.

Note that I am in no way condoning what he did. But if both the legal system and the NBA levy punishment that he serves, why is he in the clear for some franchises but not the one who also had to go through it with him?

I saw a rumor that Ainge wanted 7 1st round picks for Mitchell. The Knicks have 3 2023 firsts plus their own, their own 2024, 1 2025 first plus their own, and their own in 2026-29.

So they could pull off 5 or 6 1st with a lot of protected picks.

I didn't even watch it but just based on all the alerts about Warriors awards and Steph clowning Lebron, it seemed corny.

1. Jason Kidd pled guilty to get the charges down to a misdemeanor spousal abuse. He got no suspension from the NBA. The Suns traded him to the Nets, where he played all 82 games that year and then lead them to the NBA Finals in back to back seasons.
2. Rondo is currently subject to a protective order for pointing a gun at his babymama and threatening to kill her with it in front of their kids. This was just last month, it doesn't look like any criminal charges have been filed yet.
3. Darren Collison plead down to misdemeanor domestic battery, served 20 days in jail, was suspended 8 games by the NBA, then back on the court.
4. Jaxon Hayes was charged with 12 misdemeanors from a domestic violence incident in January, including corporal injury to a spouse and false imprisonment. As far as I know he played all season.

Assuming Bridges pleads down to misdemeanors, based on precedent he'll be back sometime this season. Just cutting him and letting him walk, when this is likely over and forgotten about by the All Star Break, is really tough for the franchise. Especially if someone else picks him up right away.

Note that I am in no way condoning what he did. But if both the legal system and the NBA levy punishment that he serves, why is he in the clear for some franchises but not the one who also had to go through it with him?

Because he lives here in Charlotte and was a part of this team and community when he committed these crimes. And because it was bigger news here and there's more focus and reaction in Charlotte.

That’s just how sports works. How many high profile pro athletes have gotten suspended for domestic violence or sexual assault and gone back to the same team?

Seems like just hold on to him and try to get some kind of value in a trade after sufficient time passes?

Apparently the Lakers and Pacers were working on a trade. Westbrook and a first for Turner and Hield. Pacers would waive Westbrook.

The deal fell through because the Pacers wanted 2027 and 2029 firsts. That’s perfectly reasonable for taking Westbrook off their hands and giving them two starters in return.

Apparently the Lakers and Pacers were working on a trade. Westbrook and a first for Turner and Hield. Pacers would waive Westbrook.

The deal fell through because the Pacers wanted 2027 and 2029 firsts. That’s perfectly reasonable for taking Westbrook off their hands and giving them two starters in return.

this makes too much sense

Way too much sense.

Why is rob pelinka holding out on 2017/2019 draft picks . He has Lebron and AD now and he won’t be around that long

Rumors of KD to the Cs for a Jaylen Brown package seem to be heating up.

Not sure I buy it.

If nothing else, hopefully it pisses off Brown to where he wants out and destructs that team. I don't know why the Nets would do a major trade with the Celtics again after the fleecing they got last time.

Rumors that the Hornets are talking to the Jazz about Mitchell. I can believe it as Clifford had originally wanted to draft Mitchell but Cho and MJ overruled him for Monk. It was a big reason that lead to his firing. LaMelo and Mitchell would be a horrific defensive backcourt, but maybe they feel they have to do something given the Bridges debacle. Or maybe they are just trying to drive up the price for the Knicks.

i actually don't care about precedent at all in this kind of case

i don't want to see or root for miles bridges ever again

Hornets mulling over bringing back Kemba:

Back