• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

There are plenty of former player assistants who get passed up for PGs with little coaching experience like Kidd, Nash, Kerr, and Billups. Sam Cassell has been an assistant at three stops since 2009. Ewing was an assistant for 15 years for four teams before leaving the NBA to coach at Georgetown. Even a success story like Ime Udoka took 10 years to get the Celtics job.

Portland used Hammon as a human shield because Billups has a... troubled history of allegations against him. "See we interviewed a woman! Now we're going with the guy accused of assault."

May be a one off but I'm still thinking it will be awhile before a woman gets tapped to lead an NBA team. Maybe she was holding out for pop to retire this year or next and he indicated he's not ready. Maybe she was advised to get HC experience under her belt. I'd be surprised if she signed a 5 year deal as coach in waiting only to leave after a year or two. Of course an NBA team could certainly pay the buyout.

Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon took the head job with the WNBA Las Vegas Aces. She has a 5-year deal to be the highest-paid coach in the league. She'll be replacing long-time WNBA coach Bill Laimbeer. She'll likely be coaching former Wake player Dearica Hamby. Hammon was the first woman assistant coach in the NBA and thought to be the heir apparent to Pop. She'll stay with the Spurs and do double duty through the end of the NBA season.

Seems like a no-lose proposition for Hammon. She can get head coaching experience for a good roster. If an NBA team wants her, they'll be able to get her.

The Aces are a great job and that contract is historic. It’s egg on the NBA’s face that nobody offered Hammon a job, not Hammon’s.

Lance Stephenson signed a 10 day with the Pacers and has 30 and counting vs the Nets.

Lance Stephenson signed a 10 day with the Pacers and has 30 and counting vs the Nets.

Just came here to post that "Lance Stephenson scores 20 straight points in six minutes for the Pacers" was not a headline I had on my 2022 bingo card

T$unami Papi had 8 made threes (8-9) in the 4th quarter alone, one shy of Klay Thompson's NBA record of 9, when Borrego took him out with 4 minutes to go up about 30. I get the sportsmanship, but these guys are professionals, no reason not to leave him in to try to get the record. Eric Collins with some strong support in the play by play, including "Ish Smith checks into the game, solely to pass Oubre the ball" and yelling "Don't do that!" whenever anyone else would take a shot.

surprised by how much i enjoyed RJ Barrett nailing a game winner in Tatum's face

Barrett had a rough game tonight but I watched him a few nights ago and came away thinking he’s gonna be pretty good

First triple double of the season for CP3 and I think they said the highest number of rebounds he’s ever had? 13

Reactions: WRS
So Markieff Morris hasn't played for 30 games since Jokic shoved him. Whiplash

Last edited:
how the hell are the hawks out of the playoffs?

Injuries. Lack of defense.

The GM is sounding like he wants to make moves. It’s a deep roster and they could probably get a nice player for a Huerter/Reddish, Bogdan/Gallo, and a pick.

36 year old CP3 with the casual triple double for the 30-8 Suns

First triple double of the season for CP3 and I think they said the highest number of rebounds he’s ever had? 13

Whoops just saw you already posted about this.

Every time :"conventional wisdom" says CP3 is over the hill, he has a game like this and let's the world know he is still playing basketball at an extremely high level. He doesn't chase triple doubles, but like all really top NBA players, takes what the defense gives.

Love that video. After Morris is leveled, several Heat players approach Jokic with the initial thought of retaliating, and then, realize that certain pain awaits them in any physical confrontation Nikola; so, they just pass.

You can talk about Jokic’s lack of physical definition, his incredible skills as a shooter and passer, his star qualities, whatever. But at the very heart of it, he’s a 7-foot, 300 lbs Serbian dude. Don’t fuck with him.

Barrett had a rough game tonight but I watched him a few nights ago and came away thinking he’s gonna be pretty good

He seems to be very coachable at minimum, has done what has been asked of him so far in his career

I still think he’s a bum tho

Lance Stephenson had 16/6/14/4 today against the Jazz. What on earth?

Back