• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
After crowning two NBA Champions in just over a year, the NBA returns to the traditional 82 game schedule for the 2021-22 season. As usual, the new season brings new questions.

Will the experienced Lakers get back to the top of the West?

How long will Klay, Kawhi, and Jamal Murray stay out and how will their returns impact the playoff hunt?

Can Jokic and Embiid continue to revolutionize the center position and stay atop the MVP race?

Will Jabari Parker or Jahlil Okafor find a home?

Will Pop get 26 wins to become the all-time winningest regular-season coach?

Will the Hawks and newly extended Kevin Huerter continue their incredible rise in the East?

Will John Collins make his first All-Star team?

Will the Raptors return to the playoffs without Kyle Lowry?

Will the new-look Bulls get back to the playoffs?

Will Zion get healthy and stay healthy?

Will this rookie class live up to the hype?

Will Kyrie get vaccinated?

Will Luka make the leap and bring the Mavs with him?

Will ESPN put together a decent NBA studio show?

no
at least several weeks
yes
yes;no
yes
playoffs but no conference final
maybe he sneaks in
no
god who knows
probs not
probs not
no
yes
god no

By the way, I didn't have any questions about the Bucks because I don't think there's much to question about the Bucks. They'll be top 2 in the East with the Nets.

Kevin Huerter got a 4/65 extension. That looks like a good price for a good player. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks trade Reddish.

Malcolm Brogdon got a 2/45 extension.

only question with the bucks is will giannis actually make another leap?

Kind of scary, but yeah. If Giannis becomes a slightly below league average FT and 3PT shooter at like 73% and 35%, he'll be even more unstoppable.

lol

i'm overly invested emotionally in westbrook and the lakers sucking this year

fivethirtyeight / raptor HATE the lakers offseason and have them out of the playoffs. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nba-predictions/

basically has everyone outside of lebron and AD as below-average players. which i think isn't crazy, hopefully they are as terrible on defense as i hope they are.

they are big fans of the p'cans interestingly.

I'd be too if it wasn't with the Lakers. Hell, trade Kyrie for Russ and I'd be on the OKC Nets bandwagon.

Are there going to be any teams in the league that want to trade for Simmons after this debacle?

I don't think there were any before today or else he would have been gone.

more annoyed now with the sixers than the depths of the colangelo years or early process terribleness

These guys like Kyrie and Simmons: go home and stay there. Eff you and your me first mentalities.

fivethirtyeight / raptor HATE the lakers offseason and have them out of the playoffs. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nba-predictions/

basically has everyone outside of lebron and AD as below-average players. which i think isn't crazy, hopefully they are as terrible on defense as i hope they are.

they are big fans of the p'cans interestingly.

If Monk stays healthy and off the yayo I could see him having a big year as the consistent third banana depending on which one of the 3 main guys is hurt or resting at the time.

Take out the comma. He doesn't care about THAT MAN specifically.

I'll restate my opinion that the Sixers could be better as a team without Simmons although that doesn't mean they'll advance further in the playoffs. They'll just be a more balanced team with more contributors and they won't have to worry about a 3 on 5 offense with Simmons and Thybulle.

Is there any contractual advantage to showing up and getting thrown out of practice/suspended versus not showing up at all? What a shit show.

Back