• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Glad Jake went to a great team. Forbes needs to sell this to the recruits, NOBODY had Jake as a top 20 pick before he played at Wake.

The Grizz traded #22, #29, and a future 2nd to get Jake. They really wanted him.

I don't want to jinx it but the guy I want is still on the board

I didn't even consider Branham going to the Spurs. I'd rather them get another versatile forward than another guard, but he looks like a good player.

Braun is a nice pick for the Nuggets. Good size. Good shot. Active dude.

nobody really knows what the comp in that duren trade was. this is the beat guy for the clt observer. OKC had the DEN pick, but i think traded to the knicks for 11, and traded in this pick according to boone. dont even know what is preferred between nuggets 2023 or mke 2025

Memphis knew that the Spurs would take Jake at #20

I read an article about how even though the Spurs are known for being quiet, teams jump ahead of them to pick the guys the Spurs are targeting.

That may have been what happened in 2013 when the Jazz traded to get the #27 pick and drafted Tony Parker's fellow Frenchman Rudy Gobert leaving the Spurs to take Frenchman Livio Jean-Charles who never played a game in the NBA.

Memphis is drafting a lot of dudes for a franchise that's arguably one player away.

Townie, you like the Sixers getting DeAnthony Melton?

If Rod Boone is correct, then the Hornets made a terrible trade. That reeks of trying to clear cap space, so that they can take on a big contract. Westbrook maybe? Deandre Ayton?

Otherwise, the Hornets got fleeced by the Pistons... not sure it gets much worse than that. Denver's 1st round pick is going to be lower than the one you just made. Bad deal.

----- just announced, trade with the Knicks

Oh my God ... even worse! They lost a trade with the Knicks. At least, the Knicks pick will be worse than Denver's.

Last edited:
The Seattle area produces way too many good players to not have an NBA team.

Ugh. Wesley may be a solid player, but the Spurs don't need more guards. Feels like another Lonnie Walker.

Can anybody explain what the Hornets are doing in this trade? Are any of the 2nd round picks tonight, or only for next year and 2025?

I can’t decide if I like Memphis getting younger. Both guys fit them super well, but one could also argue they were a role player or two away

But Memphis is going to be fun to watch for a while

This is a truly awful stat:

““The Mavs’ 31 picks this century — whether they ended up in Dallas or with another NBA team or, as in too many cases, nowhere that matters — have accumulated 166.6 win shares, a metric measuring a player’s value, according to basketball-reference.com.

The Mavs’ polar opposite? Oklahoma City, which, going into Thursday’s draft, had used an astounding 52 picks since ‘01, resulting in a whopping 910.6 win shares.

Most Western Conference teams were closer to the mean, but no one came close to the Mavs. The Lakers, with 400.9 win shares accumulated by 38 players, were next-to-last.”

Back