Page 210 of 279 FirstFirst ... 110160200205206207208209210211212213214215220260 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 5565

Thread: Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - 2022-23 Schedule release on Wednesday at 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Deac83 View Post
    And there were stretches like 3 miss 3 miss 3 miss 3miss 3 miss gs 2. I the 4rd I think both teams were 3-20 from 3. Yet gs came back. Dallas took 45 3s.
    Yeah, Mavs/Luka need to learn how to get a 2 or to the FT line when the 3s arenít falling. And they need to learn from GS that itís easier to shoot 3s when ball moves in/through the lane

Quote Originally Posted by DeacdeTejas View Post
    I think he will. Good news about Luka as opposed to say James Harden, is Luka is super competitive and hates when people say he needs to do something else to be great. He hated both analysts and Mavs telling him he was overweight. And he fixed it fast after that. And Luka wants a championship. I canít imagine him showing up next season without adding more to his arsenal and in better shape
    Ha ha worst thing for a spurs fan is if he spent some tim with Timmy. Guys that figure out getting in great shape put them in the next level and extend their careers is what makes the difference.

Last thought on luka. His greatness will be determined when he has a #2 and/0r a #3. If you are the best player on your team you will score a lot. If you have a #2 or 3 you can lean on that is what separates you between good and great. For whatever reason the spurs could not attract those players. They drafted Parker and manu. The mavs, despite Cubans supposedly willingness to spend have never brought a ligit fa in. Cuban might have the Jerry Jones syndrome
    Were he thinks heís the smartest one in the room.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    He did draft Josh Howard after the Spurs passed on him though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    He did draft Josh Howard after the Spurs passed on him though.
    Mavs draft history is putrid.

Dirk, Luka, Josh Howard, and possibly Brunson this summer, are the only players Mavs have drafted in last 25 years that have signed a second contract with the team. (Cubans tenure started in 01)

Devin Harris and Jae Crowder among others were traded before their second contract. And they have hit on quite a few UFA guys like Barea, Finney Smith, Daniels, etc but not a great way to team build.

Kevon Looney dominates in the paint.

Mavs jack up a bunch of 3's and die by the 3, according to Kidd.

No paint presence whatsoever for the Mavs especially defensively, whereas Looney was very good on D too.

Fairly simple.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I definitely respect this team. They drafted well and made the right personnel moves while Klay and Steph were getting back to form.

Looney had 21/12. Good for him. Career role player for the dynasty Warriors and heís having his moment.
    Career role player at 25. Dude has some ceiling yet imo
    We're going to be good again.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Agreed. Heís been a solid to good player in that role. They just havenít really needed him that much. It kills me that the Dubs already have a reasonable post-Big 3 rotation of contracts and guys they could keep for a good price. Poole, Payton II, Moody, Kuminga, Wiggins, Porter, Looney, Wiseman. They can rest the big 3 for the next few seasons with little drop off.

I donít think anyone has hit on a higher percentage of draft picks in the last 15 years than the Warriors.

I like the Celtics roster except not sold on Pritchard and Nesmith as rotational guards.

Warriors with healthy Wiseman could win a few in a row. Crazy good drafting.

THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    So Marcus Smart and Jimmy Butler go out within a minute of each other?

The seas are really parting for the Dubs
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

All of these injuries fucking suck.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    as always, injury luck will probably be the biggest factor
    to self-quote

Marcus Smart is definitely the type to embellish an injury and then come back 10 minutes later. Thatís my only hope.

announcers eating it right up too

Quote Originally Posted by dartsndeacs View Post
    So Marcus Smart and Jimmy Butler go out within a minute of each other?

The seas are really parting for the Dubs
    but but but GP2!

Quote Originally Posted by Dali Llama View Post
    Holy shit, right on cue.
    Yeah, but what pain injection type stuff do we think is available in an NBA locker room

I feel like Jayson Tatum need to pick better karmic sponsorship opportunities than flaming hot bbq chips

Quote Originally Posted by dartsndeacs View Post
    I feel like Jayson Tatum need to pick better karmic sponsorship opportunities than flaming hot bbq chips
    Holy shit, right on cue