Page 214 of 279 FirstFirst ... 114164204209210211212213214215216217218219224264 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 5565

Thread: Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - 2022-23 Schedule release on Wednesday at 3pm

boston fans are obnoxious across all sports, but not living on either coast definitely insulates me from the worst of the remaining fanbases

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    First officially unofficial reporting I've seen that the Magic are going to take Smith and the Thunder will take Chet.
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/5/...-chet-holmgren

That pushes Banchero to the Rockets and Ivey to the Kings. Both have questions of fit.

thunder aggregating skinny dudes

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    First officially unofficial reporting I've seen that the Magic are going to take Smith and the Thunder will take Chet.
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/5/...-chet-holmgren

That pushes Banchero to the Rockets and Ivey to the Kings. Both have questions of fit.
    Probably explains why there are murmurs that the Rockets and Kings are shopping their picks.

So, OKC is going to have

Josh Giddey

Aleksej Pokusevski

Chet Holmgren

Man, the Thunder strength coach is going to have his work cut out for him....

I don't know if the Kings want Banchero or Ivey. I'm not sure how Banchero and Domantas would play together. None of the stretchy wings in this draft seem like sure things but the Kings need some. The Kings got the #4 pick while trading to make the playoffs at the deadline. What a franchise.

It seems like the Hornets could do some good with the 13th and 15th picks. Could they not move up pretty damn far if they traded both those picks to one of those rebuilding teams? They must have a thousand trade options either with moving up in the draft or trading them for a veteran. Deandre Ayton comes to mind

And its time to get a coach Hornets
    Last edited by guitardeac; 05-24-2022 at 03:33 PM.

#13 and #15 can maybe get them to #9 or #10. This isn't considered a strong draft, so I doubt teams will trade down for multiple picks. They'd be better off trading one and a player for a veteran or something like that.

I dont want to lose Oubre or PJ and damn sure dont want to lose Miles.

hornets need to try to package both picks and PJ to try to get a legitimate starting 5. that wouldn't be enough in total to get in on rudy or ayton but would be a start. there are a lot of ways to go if you include 3rd team

if they can't, they should double dip for defensive bigs at 13 and 15 with mark williams from duke and sochan from baylor (what givony currently has mocked)

Rumors are the Hornets (along with Spurs, Hawks, Blazers, Pistons) will be among the teams vying for Ayton.

You just have to have a rim running and shot blocking center if you have Lamelo on your team.

The Hornets really could be set up for some strong playoff run level teams if they nail this off season.

Chet's gonna bust.

I think Williams has a strong future.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I think Williams has a strong future.
    it's mind bending that duren is above him

seems like a sure thing to be, at the very least, very good
    We're going to be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    it's mind bending that duren is above him

seems like a sure thing to be, at the very least, very good
    Exactly. It's quite possible there's no more than one maybe two future All-Stars in this draft, just some very good players with long careers. Teams outside the top 3 should focus on getting high floor role players at positions of need. Mark Williams has a very high floor as a rim protector and rim runner who can stay on the floor in crunch time (.727 FT last season). Seems like a good guy from what I've seen. His big sister is an WNBA vet, so he's got a built in mentor.

He could develop a decent outside shot like Mo Bamba has. It's also possible that he could be a decent perimeter defender on switches. He could be in the rotation from day 1. Any team who needs a C should take him.

I hate Duke, but barring injury Mark Williams will be a factor on defense in the NBA for a long time. He's also so athletic that his offensive game can improve. Rare that Duke players get better in the pros, but always felt like K didn't realize what he had in Williams.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    I hate Duke, but barring injury Mark Williams will be a factor on defense in the NBA for a long time. He's also so athletic that his offensive game can improve. Rare that Duke players get better in the pros, but always felt like K didn't realize what he had in Williams.
    K realized it, he just didnít give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Chet's gonna bust.
    I feel like Iíve never seen a more obvious bust but Iím wrong most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Chet's gonna bust.
    No shit.

Mark Williams measured 7ft 2 and his standing reach was 9'9" - which will be the highest reach on the NBA. More than even Gobert. I really hope the Hornest can get him.