• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Probably a guy faking an injury or tanking if he knows he has his next spot lined up. But between load management and Ben Simmons I doubt it matters much at this point anyway.

They’re talking about sending the farm for him, Poole, kuminga, wiseMan, Wiggins, picks. He’s 34 , that seems dumb

Agreed, and also don't KD and Green not get along? If I'm Kerr, standing pat appears the way to go.

the warriors appeared happier without durant (before and after) as well

my PREDICTION is that I don't think either of them get moved

Think the Nets ultimately cave and accept the Ayton/Bridges/all of the picks package from the Suns, provided the Suns and Nets are able to weave their way through the jungle of hard cap, base year compensation, and myriad other cap-isms that will come into play in light of the sign-and-trade mechanism with respect to Ayton.

Think the Nets ultimately cave and accept the Ayton/Bridges/all of the picks package from the Suns, provided the Suns and Nets are able to weave their way through the jungle of hard cap, base year compensation, and myriad other cap-isms that will come into play in light of the sign-and-trade mechanism with respect to Ayton.

agree on this

Yeah, Ayton + Bridges + picks is probably better than what they'll get elsewhere. But then the Suns would need to look for some rim protection on D.

What I don't really get is the Kyrie for Westbrook speculation. If I'm the Nets and moving on and essentially rebuilding around Bridges, Ayton and Harris, I'm certainly tired of Kyrie, but why would I want a past his prime Westbrook?

Yeah, Ayton + Bridges + picks is probably better than what they'll get elsewhere. But then the Suns would need to look for some rim protection on D.

What I don't really get is the Kyrie for Westbrook speculation. If I'm the Nets and moving on and essentially rebuilding around Bridges, Ayton and Harris, I'm certainly tired of Kyrie, but why would I want a past his prime Westbrook?

I can see Westbrook to CLT in a three teamer with the Nets getting Scary Terry

I can see Westbrook to CLT in a three teamer with the Nets getting Scary Terry

That would surprise me at this point. Before the Bridges fiasco I think they would have entertained losing Rozier and suffering through Westbrook to get out from under Hayward's contract faster, as all are ancillary on-court to LaMelo and Bridges. But assuming they aren't resigning Bridges, they'll have plenty of cap room for whoever, and would probably prefer to keep Rozier and Hayward.

Is Westbrook really that bad? He still has to have soem good stuff he brings to a team. I think he was just a terrible fit with the Lakers. If you put him on a team with shooters surely he can be a decent help.

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

expiring contract, you set $47 million on fire so that you can spend another 47 on whatever you want later

Edit: nm just realized Kyrie is expiring too. maybe you take Russ cause he’ll actually play?

Didn’t touch it first 3 mins, then drained corner 3 and of course they mispronounced Laraeva

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

I really hope Kenny Lofton, Jr. makes a roster. Dude is going to be fun to watch.

And I posted that before a beautiful turnaround jumper.

every year I look forward a little summer league ball and then every year I remember how much it sucks

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Summer League

Paul Reed is an amazing Summer League player.

Chet and Giddey coming up next vs. the Jazz.

LaRavia had 13/4/2 for the Grizz. He goes against Chet tomorrow.

It’s funny that for all the worries about how Chet will do against bigger players, he’s been matched up against Tacko Fall for much of the 1st quarter. He’s bodied up Fall well and had a block to force a jump ball.

Chet with 13 pts, 3 blk so far. Not sure if I’ll check back in on this one. He definitely looks good.

Chet looks like a skinny Dirk with defense so far.

Last edited:
Is Westbrook really that bad? He still has to have soem good stuff he brings to a team. I think he was just a terrible fit with the Lakers. If you put him on a team with shooters surely he can be a decent help.

Westbrook is a terrible fit for anyone who already has any sort of ball handling option, though he can still be the best player on a bad team. But if you are the Hornets, you want the ball in LaMelo's hands as much as possible. LaMelo needs the ball more, not less.

People forget how skinny Dirk, Durant, AD, Giannis etc were their rookie seasons. Throw in guys Chet will be fine.

Back