• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Nets fans: why wouldn't he just take the shot?
handshake
Sixers fans: would wouldn't he just take the shot?

that meme

looked up DiVencenzo's stats and he's a shooting guard shooting 33%/28% Ouch

So, looks like Harden to Philly is happening.

Philly has taken over most dislikable team honors from Nets.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Trade deadline on Thursday; CJ to Pels

Harden and Millsap to the Sixers for Simmons, Curry, Drummond, and two first round picks.

The Nets made out nice here even if Simmons isn’t all that great.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm shocked that it happened. Well this will be interesting to see play out.

That's cool as shit that that happened. Morey wins the ego battle, but Harden was redundant for the Nets assuming Kyrie could play. Simmons could fit in rather well there. Pairing Durant and Kyrie who can get efficient offense no matter what with the best defensive guy in the league is prolly pretty smart.

I wonder how quickly Simmons’ mental health issues resolve (and Harden’s hammy for that matter)?

It was a good move for both teams. In a way, they both got something for almost nothing.

Here are the details about the picks.

Losing Seth is the biggest 2022 loss for the Sixers. This resolves the cap problem pretty quickly too, regardless of whether Harden takes his player option next year.

And Embiid gets to play with a legit superstar. I’m really fuckin pumped. Funny to see how wrong so many people were!

I cant stand Harden. How long until he sulks and sleep-walks through Sixers games? I dont even like Harden's game. He doesn't seem to elevate a team much with his style of play - somehow - and he sucks in the playoffs.

The other thing is what in the world are the Nets getting in Simmons? We don't even know of he can hit a layup anymore. Hell we dont even know if he will TAKE a layup anymore. IMO he's completely afraid to play basketball and that's why he was eating his salary this year to sit out. I think he has a mental block and can't even draw it back. The hope i guess is that he had the yips due to pressure from Philly fans and that he will feel free in Brooklyn. I hope he cant hit the backboard anymore. I'm yelling at clouds but I am sick of these guys bailing on their teams.

Back